Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar Panel Fitting - Midlands

JOHNB61

JOHNB61

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Any recommendations for a solar panel fitting service for my Cali? We live in Leicestershire/Northamptonshire border. Thanks
John

Any recommendations for a solar panel fitting service for my Cali? We live in Leicestershire/Northamptonshire border. Thanks
John
John,

Thats where I came from. I wanted mine fitted. No one round here does it and more importantly the best solar solution, with guarantees, assistance and advice, seems to be from Solar Camper Solutions and he is based in Devon. Read all of the info on the forum twice or more looked at the photographs and came to the conclusion that I will have to fit my own. It sounds quite easy using the panels from Solar Camper Solutions and the kits sound like they are well put together for the Cali. So many good threads on here regarding Roger and how to do it, how easy it is, thats my solution. Pannels arrive today, hopefully weather allowing fit Saturday.

As Mike has said Roger seems to be one of the best for this as he understands the vehicle. The kits are reportedly easy to install.

I'm travelling down next week to get mine done from Roger hopefully Monday. Then having a few days around the south. I'm not doing it myself as I have no patience with this stuff anymore, and I;ve been told no. ;)

As Mike has said Roger seems to be one of the best for this as he understands the vehicle. The kits are reportedly easy to install.

I'm travelling down next week to get mine done from Roger hopefully Monday. Then having a few days around the south. I'm not doing it myself as I have no patience with this stuff anymore, and I;ve been told no. ;)

I'm in the same boat, I don't really want to drive down to Devon specially to see Roger but I just. can't. be. @rsed. to fit it myself! Nice part of the world ... :rolleyes:

+1 for Roger, he knows the Cali and has done heaps of them and your VIP discount will pay for a capsite pitch for the night. Plenty of other other solar installers around but none will know the Cali like he does.

Anyone got any pics of the info the various LCD display options give (not the BT app).

I'm in the same boat, I don't really want to drive down to Devon specially to see Roger but I just. can't. be. @rsed. to fit it myself! Nice part of the world ... :rolleyes:

We planned it around our summer hols so we'll be traveling around that area for a couple of weeks. Not sure where to go though maybe I should ask the collective. :)

We planned it around our summer hols so we'll be traveling around that area for a couple of weeks. Not sure where to go though maybe I should ask the collective. :)

Teejay, OK I get the solar thing down there. Less risk. But a couple of weeks?? Why not hit France when you are down souf? Done it on motorbike and car, Cali this summer (4 weeks).... I love it

My kit arrives tommow follow the instructions and you will be all sorted in a couple of hours , mind you :( no sun today :help

You could just buy the kit and get an Autoelectrician to fit it. It comes with instructions so as long as he can read there should be no problem.

Kit arrived at 10:30 this morning all fitted and working fine , shows my batteries are fully changed the panel has an output of 20v so working well if I ramp up fridge to max starts charging to compensate
Plugged in a 50 watt bulb into the inverter 220v and the solar covered the load

, I will keep a log and post screen shots over next week and its cloudy and raining in Hastings on and off so on good days it will now cover the fridge

If anyone is not wanting to drive down to Roger if you are in need of help in the south east I am more than happy to help you with your own install
thanks roger for all your help