Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar panel input bot showing on car display

O

olwe

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi,
I've just had solar panels installed to victron mppt, which was connected to the rear battery in ocean t6.1.
Victron app shows from 4 to 10 ampers as an input to the battery, but car display shows negative 1 Amp with nothing extra that could consume the energy. Is your solar installation input visible on the car battery display?

The only way I can see my solar panel working is that on the display is larger than 21.8, most probably something like 13.7. Trust your Victron app. The negative 1 amp should not worry you, it comes and goes, for example the use of the lights on the display.

Hi,
I've just had solar panels installed to victron mppt, which was connected to the rear battery in ocean t6.1.
Victron app shows from 4 to 10 ampers as an input to the battery, but car display shows negative 1 Amp with nothing extra that could consume the energy. Is your solar installation input visible on the car battery display?
1. On the T6.1 the Solar -tve MUST be wired to a chassis Earth. The rear leisure battery bolt can be used.

2. If the 75 or 100 amp cube fuse on the rear leisure battery has blown and the Solar +tve lead is connected below the cube fuse the you are charging rear battery but using/monitoring front leisure battery.

Hi,
Yes and no. You can see the effect of power going in as + amps. Given todays sun, good luck on that.

The -1 is the power being drawn to display the screen.

Sounds like you have not quite got the connections right to show the input. As WG says - check your earths and make sure you are connected to the right terminals.

Thank you, gentlemen. I've connected the -tve behind the flow monitor, and car is now displaying amperes from the MPPT.

Back