Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Soliciting seat cover recommendations ...

Strong

Strong

Chris & Karen
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all,

Do any of you have a particular recommendation as far as seat covers go? I'm completely open to any suggestion (as I'm a firm believer in listening to an acting upon reasoned argument) whereas the present other half of me seems to have made up her mind ... !

She wants the Brandrup ones that look like the original Ocean seats. Me, I just don't want to ruin the seats underneath ...

Ta ever so

Brandrup ones are unvisible to see they are covers and are exact the same colors/fabric as the seat , thats for me what seat covers must be , look and feel like there are no covers but still there are ...so you don't have to worry for permant stains on the seat.

Other covers do probaly thesame but sorry to say some covers i have seen in pictures on the forum looking very very very ugly ...
And i myself do not understand why there needs to be "CALIFORNIA" written in very BIG letters on seatcovers ....not my personal favor.

Got those cheap and bulky covers for my Renault Kangoo workersvan but for the Cali they need to be nice , tidy and standard looking

Have you considered a re-trim in leather? Having only recently joined the Cali family, I was very disappointed with the interior in my 2015 Beach. I ummed and ahhed over various after market covers, but to me they either look wrong or will present the same problem of getting grubby quickly and needing constant cleaning. So I decided to get the seats recovered in two tone grey leather at trim technik and I couldn't be happier. It just makes the van feel so much classier. I'm no longer continually fretting about mucky gear or sticky finger marks spoiling the appearance.
Well worth the investment in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

C
Have you considered a re-trim in leather? Having only recently joined the Cali family, I was very disappointed with the interior in my 2015 Beach. I ummed and ahhed over various after market covers, but to me they either look wrong or will present the same problem of getting grubby quickly and needing constant cleaning. So I decided to get the seats recovered in two tone grey leather at trim technik and I couldn't be happier. It just makes the van feel so much classier. I'm no longer continually fretting about mucky gear or sticky finger marks spoiling the appearance.
Well worth the investment in my opinion.

Can I ask how much that was ...?

It was around £1300+VAT including the side storage box top and you can pretty much design what you want as long as it'll match up to the original fastenings. Someone else on here had used them before so we went with a similar design, with a couple of tweaks. As they've done them before they can prepare the covers in advance and fit them in a day.

00299dc08e4e5bb83884977128d187e8.jpg

680a94875af4ba3aef2930f326bfb3b2.jpg

916b671aaba6dbc146790c3ea6b5eda8.jpg

It was around £1300+VAT including the side storage box top and you can pretty much design what you want as long as it'll match up to the original fastenings. Someone else on here had used them before so we went with a similar design, with a couple of tweaks. As they've done them before they can prepare the covers in advance and fit them in a day.

@4NT5, this is a lovely job, but I'm assuming this is a retrim (so the original fabric is removed / destroyed) rather than "covered" (ie you could go back to original at some point)?

@4NT5, this is a lovely job, but I'm assuming this is a retrim (so the original fabric is removed / destroyed) rather than "covered" (ie you could go back to original at some point)?
The original covers were removed but are intact, they're in a bag in the loft. Doubt they'll be going back on though.

Went through lots of dilemmas, but leather means we can just enjoy being in van and my little one can clamber around to his heart's content. Just give it a quick wipe down with a cloth and is back to looking new.

Or just use it and do a retrim in XX years if they degrade?
Our Audi A4 with textile from 1999 was not that bad, bringing up two small boys in it chewing bubblegum etc and mainly a female driver doing the care taking (or should I say lack of care).

Would the size be the same on the rear

Would the rear seat be the same on an Ocean?

I have the Brandrup ones, can't fault them really. Wish I had put them on from new instead of the Inka covers.

There was a used Cali on here recently and it had aftermarket leather, people were debating if it was dodgy as it didn't have the original seats!

I'm one for keeping everything as 'factory' as possible so if the leather seats can be returned to fabric, you'd probably be able to resell the leather ones.