Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Some accessories wanted

S

StevenZhang

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi everyone,
I have a portable toilet in my Cali, but it always slides on the floor when I drive. I saw these pictures in Facebook. Does anyone know where to sell this base that can fix it? And the cover.
Thank you very much.

A93A39BE-E2EA-412B-8A94-D083CE2E46F5.jpeg

CB58BF38-EE3A-4B74-9B4A-2D4BC11F6FCC.jpeg

D28A4819-1B0C-415C-BAF0-2D5E83EA012D.jpeg

"Maxxcamp de" do the floor mount maybe possibe to find it elswhere, maybe even the club shop, as for a cover a packing cube from Dunelm turned upside down is a perfect fit and can be used as a seat our foot stool.

"Maxxcamp de" do the floor mount maybe possibe to find it elswhere, maybe even the club shop, as for a cover a packing cube from Dunelm turned upside down is a perfect fit and can be used as a seat our foot stool.
Thank you!

I bought a brand new PortaPotti 335 travel toilet for just £81.49(Inc.VAT) in this first half year, I just saw the webpage of Maxxcamp, the price of the console is €153, and the cover is €44? Is the total price twice that of the toilet? Which one is the accessory?

you want a cheaper and more flexible option?
  1. Dunelm cover - I think about £15
  2. A ROK Strap - £18 for 2. you only need one.
Multi use and move it around easily when you reach your destination.

IMG_20200813_190451.jpg

With the fixed base option, you will struggle to get a carpet on.

View attachment 64421

Was thinking about how to restrict movement of the loo when travelling, thanks for the idea.

Dunelm ottoman: only £10 (they do different colours too, we have blue).

View attachment 64421

Just looked at Rok straps, never heard of them before. What length did you go for and what bit did you attach it to and how, Kurienp?

Just looked at Rok straps, never heard of them before. What length did you go for and what bit did you attach it to and how, Kurienp?
Elly, these are the classic rock straps - see here - https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy...HTrvBmVXKdPKa1TtEmtEW8cxL29HfvM8aAnBTEALw_wcB

On the fitting itself, there is a cross bar below the seat and the straps have a loop eye at the ends which you can loop over

The pics are not very clear but hope you can get the idea.

70bc40b68871e25da84dd18b57ab4280.jpg
2d8673d55968b63331c994633b651bb4.jpg

Last edited:
I've not seen it on the forum recently but quite a few folks used to keep their Thetford 335 in the 'kitchen' cupboard. That seems very practical in terms of secure stowage. Some have expressed opinions bordering on disgust about that (I must say it wouldn't bother me) so maybe the 'kitchen stowers' keep quiet these days.

(We just keep ours under the rear shelf and put it in the van when bedding down at night, which is simple and keeps the main 'living area' clear during the day.)

Love the idea of the ottoman. Is it sturdy enough to use as a stool? Or is it just a covered just a cardboard box?

Love the idea of the ottoman. Is it sturdy enough to use as a stool? Or is it just a covered just a cardboard box?
Depends how heavy you are. If the box was used the right way up, I’d say yes. But you slide the box over the loo upside down and then put the lid on top (over the bottom, if you get what I mean). if you’re average weight and you don’t wriggle about, probably yes. I’ll try it out and let you know.

Yup, strong enough to support my 75 kilos + easily another 20-30. Remember, it has the PP as support below as well. You put it upside down on the PP, then you put the lid on.

Yup, strong enough to support my 75 kilos + easily another 20-30. Remember, it has the PP as support below as well. You put it upside down on the PP, then you put the lid on.
The box is a bit taller than my Thetford 335 there’s a gap between your bum sitting on the ottoman and the top of my loo.

A cheap box that’ll fit snuggly over the 335 loo is Ikea’s Drona, so the top of the loo takes the weight. A selection of colours and they change some of them every so often. Only £3.

See post #71 in this thread https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/toilet-talk.35468/post-436526

Does anyone know if the Dunelm cover over a 335 will fit in the boot when the rear parcel shelf is on its higher setting? Looking at website measurements and checking our van it seems I might get away with the main cover on the loo but the top cushion having to be stashed somewhere else - I don't think there's enough height to leave it in place (we also have a Calicap drawer, which takes a few mm out of the available height). Our local store can't order it in for some reason, so it would be good to confirm before I go to the hassle & extra expense of home delivery.

Just to let people know that Wilko also have a box that fits, as my mum bought one today and was very pleased after setting it up and securing it with the ROK strap. Just thought that some people might be closer to a Wilko than Dunelm.

2676482A-ADA5-4C52-B074-EED84839B021.png

Does anyone know if the Dunelm cover over a 335 will fit in the boot when the rear parcel shelf is on its higher setting? Looking at website measurements and checking our van it seems I might get away with the main cover on the loo but the top cushion having to be stashed somewhere else - I don't think there's enough height to leave it in place (we also have a Calicap drawer, which takes a few mm out of the available height). Our local store can't order it in for some reason, so it would be good to confirm before I go to the hassle & extra expense of home delivery.
I don’t know if you are aware but the Dunelm box comes as a flat pack. It takes seconds to return it to a flat pack which you can store elsewhere. And the flat pack is as thick as the lid.

Ah OK thanks. I've gone for the Ikea Dröna box in the end, because it's almost exactly the same dimensions as the 335 (which is slightly longer than it is wide, not square), so less dead space. Perhaps less comfortable than the Dunelm option when used as a footstool, but I'm willing to put up with the hardship! I just need to work out a Euro box strategy for the remaining space now...

We travel with the ottoman folded down into its own lid (Only about 8cm high).

Back