Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

SORN application, how daft can you get?

DavidofHook

DavidofHook

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I went on the government website yesterday to SORN the Cali for when we will be away in a few weeks time.
However, the website only commences a SORN TODAY! Not tomorrow , not a few days time but TODAY.

I rang the helpline and queried this with the girl at the other end who assured me that is the only way it can be done. i.e. make the application today, whether by phone or on the web, and get SORNed TODAY! GRRR!
When I pointed out that if I were going away early and need the car the previous day then i would have to get up at 4 am to do it she did not argue!
Daft!

I went on the government website yesterday to SORN the Cali for when we will be away in a few weeks time.
However, the website only commences a SORN TODAY! Not tomorrow , not a few days time but TODAY.

I rang the helpline and queried this with the girl at the other end who assured me that is the only way it can be done. i.e. make the application today, whether by phone or on the web, and get SORNed TODAY! GRRR!
When I pointed out that if I were going away early and need the car the previous day then i would have to get up at 4 am to do it she did not argue!
Daft!
Not quit correct.
Via Internet and phone - Immediate SORN

By Post you use a Form and a letter of explanation and you can do that upto 2 months in advance if going abroad.

https://www.gov.uk/make-a-sorn

Not quit correct.
Via Internet and phone - Immediate SORN

By Post you use a Form and a letter of explanation and you can do that upto 2 months in advance if going abroad.

https://www.gov.uk/make-a-sorn
Thank you Welsh Gas, even so you have to ask why.
If you can SORN ahead by post surely you should be able to do so on the web or by phone
Makes me wonder why didn't she tell me.
Using the web is so much easier than having to actually WRITE with a pen a letter

Back