Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sourcing an ex-demo/nearly new California Ocean T6 150PS or 204PS DSG ASAP

R

rrollins

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Any advice for quick ways to source an ex-demo/nearly new California Ocean T6 150PS or 204PS DSG for immediate delivery other than phoning numerous VW van centres? As my wife has just come out of hospital, I'm limited on legwork time and would like to secure before the Summer/asap.

I can be reasonably flexible on spec/colour as I would expect most of these vehicles to be well equipped. I'm also happy to negotiate and secure remotely then travel to collect.

@dealers/suppliers on here then please do make contact with me. Cash waiting for the right deal outlined in our threads on this forum.

Thanks.

There is one at South Hereford VW on demo, one of the staff is using it, might be available at the right price..

You don't have to ring, use the net.
https://used.volkswagen-vans.co.uk
Enter California in the search and this should show Demos etc
Showing 4 Ocean DSG Calis, one 204 dsg JCT600van centre Sheffield very cheap at 45k. Nearly 15k cheaper than the dearest one. Make sure it has swivelling front seats.

Last edited:
Thanks - agree but not sure I like that darker blue. Speaking of which, what are colours to avoid for resale?

Are there really only 4 T6 Oceans for sale nationally?

No, there will be more but the vw site is a good place to start. Not sure where you are based but speak to Guy Vincent at Volkswagen Van Centre Lancashire, has a constant supply of Calis and does a good deal as many on here will confirm.

We had a call round this morning and there is very little out there, any demo's that are available you won't get your hands on until after the summer. Also none of the dealers were interested in discounts when I asked, they said due to the delays they can sell any stock Cali's 10 times over. It is certainly a sellers market at the moment.

According to the VW site, two available now and the other two available 30th June.

In case it was missed above.....check any 'available' T6 Cali doesn't have the comfort seat (ie non swiveling seat) option.

Thx - I'm in Bucks but will purchase remotely and will look at new at the same time as a plan b.

Why don't you hire for now and then buy later, you could save several thousand as prices drop massively in the autumn

Why don't you hire for now and then buy later, you could save several thousand as prices drop massively in the autumn

I'm not sure the prices will drop massively this autumn due to the very long lead times on new Calis, order now for Jan/Feb next year...... crazy or what?

They didn't drop last autumn either... too much demand!

They didn't drop last autumn either... too much demand!
Oh they did. You could have had a 140 SE demo miles from main dealers for £41.5k if you were sharp....until T6 lead times started to stretch and vwcampersales seemed to sweep many of them up.

It's certainly possible, dependent on your persistence : flexibility ratio.

I sold my previous van thru eBay on the Sunday, saw 'the right Beach' * on VW Approved Used website on the Thursday & was driving it home 27-hours later on the Friday afternoon.

EDIT: * pre-registered dealer Demo, delivery miles

Last edited:
I called into Robinsons Norwich only yesterday and they have a couple , one brand new and one demo,
also enquired about waiting times and was quoted 14 weeks providing i didnt want leather seats or one particular type of alloy wheels

Oh they did. You could have had a 140 SE demo miles from main dealers for £41.5k if you were sharp....until T6 lead times started to stretch and vwcampersales seemed to sweep many of them up.
That's is pretty much the price I paid in November for a T5.1 with 35 miles on the clock. I do feel that those prices won't be replicated this Autumn as there must have been a certain amount of get rid of the T5's the T6's are here.

Showing 4 Ocean DSG Calis, one 204 dsg JCT600van centre Sheffield very cheap at 45k. Nearly 15k cheaper than the dearest one. Make sure it has swivelling front seats.

Beware the Sheffield is cheap because the price excludes VAT , so more expensive than it appears.
Also Lister one has comfort seats= non swivel.

I wanted one quickly and although I ended up going with a factory order, I found that calling the dealers revealed some stock that wasn't known to VW Customer Services or the website. It really was a case of phoning every dealer. I found about four 4Motion's within a distance of 100 miles but the problem was the vast array of options on the vehicle made it difficult to get the desired configuration. It may be harder now that the sun is shining ... oh no, wait, it's not.

I popped into Listers Coventry yesterday, although they can be hard to get hold of on the phone, in person its a lot better.

Justin the guy who sold me my beach was there, very helpful chap. I asked him how it was going with T6 calis and he seemed (politely) frustrated to be fair. Seems they have already sold this years allocation and they are struggling to get hold of any more at the moment. He did say they found quite a few with the comfort seats available throughout the country and was aware of the early VW system problems that caused the influx of the non swivels.

He is a great guy and worth a call, I am not sure if they have a Cali demonstrator at the moment (didnt see one) but he may be able to help. Ask for Justin.

One will turn up, but it won't be cheap relative to list price until supply frees-up and/or the clocks have gone back.

From experience I'd take the specs on https://used.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/ as provisional - if you're buying over the phone get the Dealer to physically sit in it and double-check what's actually fitted rather than what's advertised on the web listing.

The official VW web ad for my van said it had cruise control which I then overlooked in haste on collection, understandably they're not now rushing into rectifying that now they have my brass (and I'm 200 miles away) :D

SMG at Tonbridge have a very nice T6 demo which must be about ready to be sold. I think it is a top spec blackberry Ocean with leather/ alcantara etc. If you are interested give Laine Watts a call. He is great to deal with and usually orders their demo vehicles to a very good spec.

Back