Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

South of France

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
On our way to South of France we stopped at the C&CC club site in Folkestone, really nice small campsite that only accepts campers and tents, nice sea views and clean facilities, just a few minutes walk down to to the beach, cost about £28 for the night. Only downside is the road leading up to it is full of pot holes!

Awaiting at the terminal now on the 11.50.

rsz_p1040343.jpg rsz_p1040359.jpg

At terminal now, arrived two hours early in the hope of an early crossing however we have ended up on the crossing we already booked at 11.50 as it is really busy here today.

Next stop just south or Orleans ...

rsz_p1040362.jpg

Escaped the gas check three times on the trot now, was asked 'is the gas turned off' we said 'yes' he said OK drive on :thumb

Considering how busy the terminal was even had a carriage to ourselves.

rsz_p1040368.jpg

Just stopping off at a nice municipal site for the night in Olivet which is just South of Orleans, less than £20 for the night, free wifi, shop and bar on site. http://www.camping-olivet.org/ the usual pizza van on here as we arrived but I am in need of a beer more than food.

Journey from Calais was just over four hours with a detour via the centre on Paris.

rsz_1p1040374.jpg

Seen about 7 Cali's so far today, more than I normally see in a month back home! There is even a sunny yellow Cali Beach a few pitches down from us

rsz_p1040377.jpg

Martin said:
Just stopping off at a nice municipal site for the night in Olivet which is just South of Orleans, less than £20 for the night, free wifi, shop and bar on site. http://www.camping-olivet.org/ the usual pizza van on here as we arrived but I am in need of a beer more than food.

Journey from Calais was just over four hours with a detour via the centre on Paris.

Nice blog Martin :thumb We are staying there in a few weeks :barmy

thanks guys, really nice little campsite here Mark, would of happily stayed here for a few days, even has wifi on all the pitches. totally full tonight and they have been turning people away but still feels really quiet. Gonna be a hot night sleeping downstairs :crazy

Only a few hours drive tomorrow to Orcet in Auverne

Arrived in a village called Orcet last night right in the centre of France, will stay here for four nights, its a small Dutch family owned campsite within walking distance to the village. http://www.camping-auvergne.mobi/ massive pitches and the all important wifi on all of them.

Spent my hottest night ever downstairs in the Cali last night and I must admit it was NOT a very comfortable nights sleep at all, temp did not go below 28 degrees all night, the dog was not amused either.

Good news is Diesel is still around 1.30, so with the current exchange rate that is about £1.04 per litre.

Will probably go out and see the volcano's tomorrow.

5a348df3-0879-436d.jpg

My fur babies would only sleep in that if they passed out with heat exhaustion ...:-( lol

Hi Lee, if we had known it was so hot we would of left her at home, keep chucking water over her every half hour.
5a348df3-230b-cb72.jpg

Oh bless her ..... I do have a cheap cool coat make for my blind pug ,as she mega struggles in heat .. It's like a chamois leather.. Soak in cold water ring it out and put on .. Lasts about 1/2 hr and it does make them wrt strangley enough .. It traps the water inside it..
I'll bring along to the Cali meet :)

Sounds just the job Lee, i think i just saw a Dutch dog wearing one! On a different subject, Speedo's are being enforced big style at this site, someone actually just got chucked out the pool for wearing normal swimming shorts, still think its a crazy rule.

Martin said:
Sounds just the job Lee, i think i just saw a Dutch dog wearing one! On a different subject, Speedo's are being enforced big style at this site, someone actually just got chucked out the pool for wearing normal swimming shorts, still think its a crazy rule.

I did hear about this but to be honest thought it was a joke. Can you get away with boxer short type trunks as I think my body would take a set of budgie smugglers

I got some 'shorts' from M&S which are not quite Peedo's but should satisfy the strange French requirement for budgie smuggling.

They appear to be coming down hard on this guys, most of the sites i have visited over past few years its tight speedo's or you are out, i now just put them on under my shorts snd slide into the pool in the hope nobody will see me, also learnt the skill of holding my gut in ! They say its to do with people wearing dirty/outside shorts in the pool and bringing the dirt into the pool.

OK, this is not exactly a blog but I will try and give brief details of the sites we have visited as I personally always prefer to go on personal recommendation so I hope this may help others one day if they are travelling a similar route to us, also I hope this will possibly prompt others to tell everyone about their trips whether in the UK or abroad.

So, this is our last night at camping le clos auroy and it is a great small site with mainly Dutch campers, we have not seen any cali's but a good few T4's, the campsite has a good swimming pool and really clean facilities, also every pitch is massive with large hedges surrounding them giving good privacy, the site is a short walk to the village with a few shops and restaurants. We have only seen one English person in about five days and that was someone who has just ordered a Bilbo (yes, i told him he has made a big mistake) the area seems to be a place that most people bypass whilst heading South but the auvergne region is full of small typical sleepy French villages where everyone stares as you drive past with the main attraction being the beautiful coutryside and also the national park where you will find the volcano's , lakes and gorges.

Only downside so far is its been too bloody hot, especially in the Cali at night so any tips would be most welcome.

Anyway, early morning tomorrow as we have another five hour journey to sommieres which is about 20 mins north of Montpellier.

Those Dutch get everywhere, whether by camper or boats, they punch far above their weight if you look at the population.......

I think Holland must be deserted in the summer as the entire population appears to go travelling around France snd Spin, the Dutch appear harmless enough and i would much rather have them next to me than a chavvy British family!

Now that looks like a very nice camp site :thumb

I think we will add that one to our list - The pictures on their website look great

Martin - When you were at Oliet did they allow awnings?

m4rky said:
Now that looks like a very nice camp site :thumb

I think we will add that one to our list - The pictures on their website look great

Martin - When you were at Oliet did they allow awnings?

Mark, if you mean drive 'away awnings' yes.. Some pitches even had big gazebo's on them so I cant see it being a problem. Great site that we would more than likely go back to.

Arrived a few hours ago at sommieres - http://www.massereau.com/ temp gauge says bloody 46 degrees, another sleepless night i think and dog is not at all happy and looks deeply depressed.

Back