Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spain

IanFK

IanFK

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I have just returned from a month in Spain with my new Cali. The drive and camping were both excellent, particularly sleeping in the pop-up. I was very impressed with the mpg averaging around 40mpg if I kept to 60mph. My only issue was playing music. If I inserted a CD a message popped up saying I would have to eject the Sat Nav disc and as I needed it most of the time I didn't want to risk it. I also tried playing music from my iPhone using blue tooth, but it kept repeating the same 5 tracks.
If you are in the Valencia region of Spain I would recommend camping at Playa Tropicana at Alcossebre and Bonterra Park at Benicassim (avoid the third week of September as the Fiesta lasts a week and the music each night finishes at 0430).

I have just returned from a month in Spain with my new Cali. The drive and camping were both excellent, particularly sleeping in the pop-up. I was very impressed with the mpg averaging around 40mpg if I kept to 60mph. My only issue was playing music. If I inserted a CD a message popped up saying I would have to eject the Sat Nav disc and as I needed it most of the time I didn't want to risk it. I also tried playing music from my iPhone using blue tooth, but it kept repeating the same 5 tracks.
If you are in the Valencia region of Spain I would recommend camping at Playa Tropicana at Alcossebre and Bonterra Park at Benicassim (avoid the third week of September as the Fiesta lasts a week and the music each night finishes at 0430).

We use an Ipod plugged into the special socket in the glove compartment and it works very well, also works with Iphones, have you tried using that rather than blue tooth?

What stereo do you have? Mine has satnav but no disc that I am aware of.

I have ejected the Sat Nav CD and the Sat Nav still works and CDs can be played and Music from iPhone is working too, so all sorted for the next trip to Scotland in the Spring.

You need to do something to download the satnav from the disc. Takes about an hour to do and you can't use the sat nav while it's doing it. After that you can play cd or dvd discs.

Back