Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spare safe & original VW spare wheel bolts - Query

RichieVW

RichieVW

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi All,

Having had my spare wheel stolen due to the curse of Lego Land, I am now looking for a replacement spare and would like to secure it. The thieves kindly left me with the smaller of the two bolts so i could secure the spare wheel bracket underneath and get on my way. My query is, if i buy a spare safe, with the securing bolt they supply, and with the small original bolt left, have i got the bolts (plus any additional washers etc.) I need, or do I have purchase anything else? As i was left with one solitary bolt i have nothing to bench mark against!!

Hope the above makes sense - it's friday!

There are 2 bolts holding on the spare wheel plate the left hand side is not designed to come all the way out the right sided bolt is. the idea is to loosen the left side bolt a little then undo the right sided bolt completely the slide the bracket across it should drop down
can you post a picture of the bolt you have and i will tell you

Hi All,

Having had my spare wheel stolen due to the curse of Lego Land, I am now looking for a replacement spare and would like to secure it. The thieves kindly left me with the smaller of the two bolts so i could secure the spare wheel bracket underneath and get on my way. My query is, if i buy a spare safe, with the securing bolt they supply, and with the small original bolt left, have i got the bolts (plus any additional washers etc.) I need, or do I have purchase anything else? As i was left with one solitary bolt i have nothing to bench mark against!!

Hope the above makes sense - it's friday!
If it is the Left hand bolt then a SpareSafe + Security bolt is all you need.

There are 2 bolts holding on the spare wheel plate the left hand side is not designed to come all the way out the right sided bolt is. the idea is to loosen the left side bolt a little then undo the right sided bolt completely the slide the bracket across it should drop down
can you post a picture of the bolt you have and i will tell you
I’ve only just managed to get a photo. Thanks

61533D4D-C159-444C-A48B-9DD982D71247.jpeg

4681CF9F-DB1E-4CE4-86CB-EEB5309ABF61.jpeg

s-l300.jpg