Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spare Wheel Security Bolt - Too Short ?

G

gatvol

I finally received my spare wheel security bolt after a few weeks wait.

It appears to be too short though - as it is much shorter than the standard bolt that it is replacing.

[album]99[/album].

The locking bolt is on the left, original bolt is on the right in the photo

It is part no. ZGB 701 071 592E. It says "Suitable for Transporter spare wheel (steel)".

Now it may be that the longer original bolt fitted to the van is designed to allow you to have some wide alloy down there - but as it is only a spare steel wheel that a shorter bolt is OK, but I just wanted to check that I have the correct one.

Many thanks

We bought this one :-
VW Locking Spare Wheel Bolt for T4/T5 VW California & Beach campervan/Transporter
ZGB 701 071 592 £ 19.95 from Campervanastic.

http://+++++++++++++++++++++++/uploads/pics/products/99678370ce_DSC_0843.JPG

hi
we has same problem and actually took bolt back today and the dealer is ordering a longer one
dave

Just a reminder, if you fit the bolt head cover fully on the bolt make sure you have some implement/tool in the van to remove it.
When removing mine prior to exchanging the van, I had to use a pair of grips to get mine off. Absolutely no chance of removing by hand, luckily I was at home. I have now put it back on but not pushed it fully home as it is a tight fit it has stayed put.
Also check the bolt head; mine is a different size to the wheel bolts, meaning the wheel brace supplied with the jack doesn't fit. I carry a correct sized spanner to remove the security bolt.

Hubert

I have got to the bottom of this now. VW produce 2 locking wheel nuts - a short one for steel wheels, the other longer one for alloys. I needed the longer one for my standard alloys on the biturbo 180 model

ZGB 701 071 592 - correct for my van
ZGB 701 071 592E - too short

thanks for the advice

Back