Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spare wheel tyre type

CampervanTime

CampervanTime

VIP Member
Vehicle
Westy Sven Hedin
Hi

Does anyone know what spare wheel tyre you get on a new T6 if you have ordered it the van with the all weather tyre option?

Does it come with an all weather tyre too?

Just thinking that if you’re away where it is a legal requirement to have them and you get a flat, what are you supposed to do if it doesn’t?!

I would expect all tyres the same if I was ordering all weather tyres they would all be that

Actually while on this subject what is the standard tyre manufacture for all weather tyres?

Hi

Does anyone know what spare wheel tyre you get on a new T6 if you have ordered it the van with the all weather tyre option?

Just thinking that if you’re away where it is a legal requirement to have them and you get a flat, what are you supposed to do if it doesn’t?!

Mine came with the same spare as the road wheels

Don´t be surprised if you get a bottle of glue and a pump.
That´s what i got.
The pump is good at blowing up inflatables but i think the
glue might have gone off.

I might have a sniff next week.

If you don´t get one it´s a positive, you can go to legoland
without having to worry.

Should come with matching tyre type and size, unless you have ordered 18" wheels then just fresh air.

I'd doubt if anywhere has a legal requirement to carry a spare, many cars now cannot carry a spare as no storage facility designed in for the huge bling wheels now fitted.
Possibly carrying a repair kit gets accepted as an alternative. BMW's have runflat tyres fitted to get round the spare issue.

If no spare comes with your Cali due to 18" wheel option I'd get a 17" wheel, alloy or steel, with either a 235/55 or 215/60 tyre and treat it as an emergency.

Incidentally it would seem that if you use the gunge type repair kit the tyre is then scrap as it isn't possible to carry out a normal type repair later. Too difficult/expensive to clean the tyre.

Last edited:
Hi

Yep it does I can vouch for that

Back