Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spare Wheel

P

Pammy

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
My spare wheel is quite rusty so just wondered, if I wanted to replace it, what size or specification should I be asking for? My California is 2010 T5.1 model.

If 16" you can pick a replacement for a few pounds only but 17" are much dearer.

The tyre size on your current spare gives all the info you need.

you should have a 16 inch spare on your model

Thank you
Your profile is showing 140hp 4 motion. I wasn't sure the 140 came to these shores in the 4 motion. If it is indeed a 180, then your spare will be a 17"

My spare wheel is quite rusty so just wondered, if I wanted to replace it, what size or specification should I be asking for? My California is 2010 T5.1 model.
You could just remove it, Jet wash or just wash it. Use a stiff wire brush to get rid of the surface rust + some wire wool and then a few coats of Hammerite Paint, smooth or hammer type finish in the colour of your choice. Job done for another 9 years.
If it is the original tyre then replace the tyre with a part worn one when you get new tyres next.

If 16" you could buy a new set and use one of your existing ones as a spare with 3 more for the future.

While the spare is out check the date of manufacture code. It comprises of four figures, e.g. 4312 means it was manufactured 43rd week of 2012. Advice is; if older than 6 years then only use to get you home, if older then 8 it should be replaced, if older than ten years never ever use the tyre.

Back