Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sparkle required....

M

Mofty in Meysey

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
How do you add sparkle ?
A month or so in and we are (no, Sorry, my amazing wife is) curious if any others are anxious to add sparkle to their Cali.
The original idea was to build our own and get glittery worktops or flooring or both... either way, sparkle is needed and I'm wondering what the rest of Cali owners are doing to compensate for the overbeigeness of the interior of this amazing machine?

Every idea welcome - the more outrageous the better!!! Pictures also if you have them or even ideas you have always wanted to do but haven't found the way to do it yet.

many thanks

Martin and Karen!

Obviously fairly lights. I also have some tealight holders with battery powered multi colour changing candly things in. I do, really. Plus naturally the throw, the cushions, the rugs, the bunting .... shall I go on?

Wow who trimmed your leather seats? They look great

Wow they look amazing it looks like the do them in fabric as well I will have to show hubby I thought it was a retrim lol
Thanks Jason for pointing me in the right direction

As Jason said this is what they are and they are amazing!!! No one believes they are covers! Fit perfectly and only took about an hour or so and they let the heat through great. I couldn’t have lived with the original colour with kids!!!

Stunning pictures when I first saw these fitted to our test cali I thought these
Are the best fitting seat covers I have ever seen now I’m 100% sure
Thanks for sharing

Did you struggle getting the back seat cover on? I couldn’t remove the bar above the drawer

Yes, in a word. In the end I rang Mike in the club shop for advice as I was really worried I was going to break it! He advised leaving it in place as you can (just) fit the cover around it. Bit of a fiddle but got there eventually :thumb

Yes, in a word. In the end I rang Mike in the club shop for advice as I was really worried I was going to break it! He advised leaving it in place as you can (just) fit the cover around it. Bit of a fiddle but got there eventually :thumb
Thanks, we fitted ours with the bar in place, just wasn’t sure if I was missing something

So... nice thread about seats which are great... but what about sparkle? glitter, twinkle lights???
thanks again...

Nice ‘sparkle’ and seats. But now I’m in a quandary, have a Silver Ocean with the grey wood interior and was looking at the dark gti covers to bring in a little colour. But now I love the leather look.

I guess fairly lights or some form led lighting, i think there was an earlier thread about using some strips of led that offer unlimited colour options. The later would appeal to me but i need to see what the new led / mood lighting on the MY/18 is like first.

The kitchen top transfers/protectors do come in some metallic colors or just something brighter to inject some colour into the interior. These are for sale on the forum somewhere.

So... nice thread about seats which are great... but what about sparkle? glitter, twinkle lights???
thanks again...

Back