Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Speedos

mikeelawson

mikeelawson

BOOMEL
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We are off to to France and hearing rumours that Speedos are compulsory. Is this true?

A57F0736-8039-4F33-818F-0DC063396F77.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sad
Yep true! I took a pair of swimming shorts made by Speedo and with the brand Speedo written down 1 leg but they wouldn't let me in. They need to rephrase it as the Budgysmuggler rule.

Yes, but not everywhere. And it's not always enforced. And besides the classic speedos, there are other allowed options, like swimming trunks. I believe the idea behind it is that they don't want people in the pools with normal shorts that are worn in other situations then swimming (in the city or on a hike, etc), so the pool doesnt get too dirty. But it's a bit outdated if you ask me.

The French would wouldn't be seen dead in anything else. Same goes for Australia where the budgy smuggler is king.

wouldn't burkinins also collect dust ? are they allowed? I am asking for a friend headed to Normandy

The world isn't ready for me in Speedos. Classic ex-prop forward dad body.

In swimming pools, yes. Lakes/rivers/sea is whatever you like...
We are off to to France and hearing rumours that Speedos are compulsory. Is this true?
But it's the same for all, so it's not like you'll stand out...

View attachment 96238

Not true. Demi-Speedos are allowed too.
453bfbb5eca8806f4b7cc017bf7c4794.jpg

Back