Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Split charge relay wiring

ArcticMatt

ArcticMatt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 Hightop
I hate not having wiring diagrams for the westfalia gubbins!

Does anyone know which is feed from the engine and which is the one to the leisure battery. I could disconnect each battery and bell out the cables but its a web of wiring to unhook.

The big fat one is terminal 30 and the two others are 87.

I need to know so I can hook up my fra-ron charger secondary output and solar excess charger to the engine battery. I was going to run a new pair the length of the van but it seems pointless if one of these is direct from the same place.

Cheers
93b2bfd2daac0adef24faab09b070be6.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I think the two wires go to the engine battery. If you disconnect the engine battery you will only have voltage on the leisure battery cable.Easier than running a wire.

Cheers. Why would they run two cores up?
I think the two wires go to the engine battery. If you disconnect the engine battery you will only have voltage on the leisure battery cable.Easier than running a wire.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Volt drop. Two parallel cables.

Please let us know the results! - although my relay is right at the back next to the power socket! Yes agree about the wiring diagrams. Surely there must be some somewhere?

Volt drop. Two parallel cables.
Cheers that man :thumb

Now heres another question about best practices regarding charging. For using the second output of my new charger to charge the engine battery. Is it advisable to connect direct to the battery or the nearest negative point on the chassis?

Wiring schemes are on Westfaliat4.info

I’ve a full set downloaded and printed so I can post if required.

Wiring schemes are on Westfaliat4.info

I’ve a full set downloaded and printed so I can post if required.
I can only see one set of drawings on there but that doesn't seem to have the leisure bits on bobs? I am missing something?

Cheers that man :thumb

Now heres another question about best practices regarding charging. For using the second output of my new charger to charge the engine battery. Is it advisable to connect direct to the battery or the nearest negative point on the chassis?
Connect pos to the split charge (twin cable terminal) and negative to the leisure battery terminal. It’s the same earth and nearest.

I can only see one set of drawings on there but that doesn't seem to have the leisure bits on bobs? I am missing something?
Prob. The leisure wiring scheme is in a user manual. It’s the big colour 3D diagram of the van that shows where all the various elec bits are located.

Sorry about the format. I will find the link.

In the meantime....

0A404DF7-0EAA-48B5-B6E5-E9128F3569AE.jpeg 28AA217F-33B8-40C2-B46B-73786C47B5B2.jpeg 1E2FAD23-BD3D-4D92-A341-CC73F6E47A86.jpeg