Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Split cooker and sink problem solved

M

Mervyn kennedy

VIP Member
hi all thought I would show my latest creation for the California t6 and might fit t5 but not sure .
Any one out there finding when you are washing in the sink no where to leave plates etc and also when cooking no where to leave a hot pan etc ? Well here is my answer to it .
These panels don't have to be stored anywhere when driving the fit snug under the glass as you see them in the picture .
Have a look and see what you think .
Made from 316 stainlesssteel
Writing laser marked on to top when protection film is taken off it is like the no on a stainlesssteel ruler .
This took a lot of time to get just right .

IMG_0297.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

Nice work! You could even turn it into a teppanyaki! ;)
Was just thinking, if you split it in 3 parts you can have one cooker free + a big working surface, or a small working surface + 1 cooker + the sink free. If cut symmetrical you could put the left plate on the right one.

cali worktop kitchen split.jpg

Last edited:
For further inspiration one could look at the drop down sink drainer Westfalia developed for the T4 Cali approx 25 years ago!

Nice work. :thefinger

Presumably this also allows you to close the glass lids immediately after using the gas rings, as the shatter risk is removed by having the metal as a shield? And as a safety shield for those with little kids?

Nice work! You could even turn it into a teppanyaki! ;)
Was just thinking, if you split it in 3 parts you can have one cooker free + a big working surface, or a small working surface + 1 cooker + the sink free. If cut symmetrical you could put the left plate on the right one.

View attachment 34033
Yes you could do this but would make for a lot more work as the cooker panel requires the two gas ring to hold it stable

Yes you could do this but would make for a lot more work as the cooker panel requires the two gas ring to hold it stable

Some 12 little plastic or rubber distant holders for each corner of each plate could do the job, no?

Fantastic idea I would definitely buy a set from you if you ever make anymore

What material does the metal plate rest on? Just wondering if there could be issues from heat transfer?

Back