Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spongy Rear Floor

C

Chris

Van details - VW t5 california 2009. Three rail system.
Noticed that i have a soft spot in the rear living area floor. The spot i refer to is directly where you feet would be when sitting in the back. Seat fully back against the bed board.
Wondering if anyone else has this or experienced it? I can see the floor flexing as i put pressure between the rails. I know the floor rubber sits on top of wood/board. Concerned that adding my extra covid19 weight to one spot may result in my foot disappearing through the floor.
Do I need to start worrying?? Thanks in advance.

Hi there.
I am a new owner of a 2005 Cali SE and have discovered a soaking wet floor carpet under drivers section. Seems the moisture continues under hard floor, but in less quantity if I’m lucky. Did you manage to solve your problem?

Hi there.
I am a new owner of a 2005 Cali SE and have discovered a soaking wet floor carpet under drivers section. Seems the moisture continues under hard floor, but in less quantity if I’m lucky. Did you manage to solve your problem?
Left hand drive ?

Its either the front roof drains or the fresh water tank refill, depending
how you fill it up. Or the sliding window raining in.

Left hand drive ?

Its either the front roof drains or the fresh water tank refill, depending
how you fill it up. Or the sliding window raining in.
Thanks. It could be either. The sliding window was glued closed with silicone by former owner, so one theory is that the water has been there for while. It has the smell of old moisture towel. But I will investigate the potential sources.
Tell my how the refill of water tank can cause water leak?. If have filled it (once) from the outside tap hole.

Thanks. It could be either. The sliding window was glued closed with silicone by former owner, so one theory is that the water has been there for while. It has the smell of old moisture towel. But I will investigate the potential sources.
Tell my how the refill of water tank can cause water leak?. If have filled it (once) from the outside tap hole.
Sorry. Misspelled last sentence. Should be
I have filled it once……

Tell my how the refill of water tank can cause water leak?
The water tank is connected to the filler hole with a short
piece of pipe and jubilee clip.
I once filled mine and not all of the water went into the tank because
the connection was loose, I was parked on a slight incline and noticed
that the carpet behind the drivers seat was wet.

The water had tracked down from the rear.

The water tank is connected to the filler hole with a short
piece of pipe and jubilee clip.
I once filled mine and not all of the water went into the tank because
the connection was loose, I was parked on a slight incline and noticed
that the carpet behind the drivers seat was wet.

The water had tracked down from the rear.
Ok. Got it!
I also noted that I don’t have drainage pipe for the waste water. It’s just pouring from behind the cover plates underneath where the pipe would go. Should there be a pipe visible

Ok. Got it!
I also noted that I don’t have drainage pipe for the waste water. It’s just pouring from behind the cover plates underneath where the pipe would go. Should there be a pipe visible
No.. it drops out onto the underbody cover. It is integral with the gas dropout from the gas compartment.

Van details - VW t5 california 2009. Three rail system.
Noticed that i have a soft spot in the rear living area floor. The spot i refer to is directly where you feet would be when sitting in the back. Seat fully back against the bed board.
Wondering if anyone else has this or experienced it? I can see the floor flexing as i put pressure between the rails. I know the floor rubber sits on top of wood/board. Concerned that adding my extra covid19 weight to one spot may result in my foot disappearing through the floor.
Do I need to start worrying?? Thanks in advance.
I have the same issue with the floor in the rear that feels like it could give way , can ask if you found anymore about it, I too feel that I could go through the floors it’s that flexible

Back