Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sport line alloys

Steve and mary

Steve and mary

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all,
I’m interested in putting some sportline wheels on my t6 California,theses wheels are 2018 year of manufacturing lots of posts on here about if older sport line wheels will fit a newer vehicle because of the brake calliper size there to go on a standard 69 plate cally has anyone had any problems with this,
Thanks steve

BE0AF314-551D-45F8-BC09-D7BE11164892.png

Hi all,
I’m interested in putting some sportline wheels on my t6 California,theses wheels are 2018 year of manufacturing lots of posts on here about if older sport line wheels will fit a newer vehicle because of the brake calliper size there to go on a standard 69 plate cally has anyone had any problems with this,
Thanks steve

View attachment 63487
The larger engined California’s, 180/204/199 always come with larger front Disc Brakes and a minimum 17” wheels.
The smaller engined models could have 16” or as an upgrade 17” wheels + the larger front brakes.
VW also offer 18” wheels as an option, but not with the 5th Spare wheel, just a “ gunk” kit instead.
So those 18” Sport Line wheels, size wise will fit your vehicle, but you’ll have to check off set, bolt pattern and load rating.
I gather there are a lot of “ non-VW “ copies around.

Hi all,
Thanks steve

View attachment 63487
I have got them on my 18 plate
6BF4E7F8-BCF9-41FF-87F6-3529BA0ED8E2.jpeg

Hi nick got my 18 sport lines delivered yesterday can I ask what size tyre you have on yours is it the 255/45/18 if so how do you find the ride on them.
Kind regards
Steve

Hi nick got my 18 sport lines delivered yesterday can I ask what size tyre you have on yours is it the 255/45/18 if so how do you find the ride on them.
Kind regards
Steve
Ive just swopped my 17 inch wheels back to the standard 16 inch the van came with and still loads of tread, and have noticed that even with those the ride is softer.. I think personally the lower the tyre profile the harder the ride. I had some 20 inch on a Merc and could feel every bump in the road.

Hi Peter thanks for the information

Kind regards
Steve
Hi Steve and Mary, sorry for not responding sooner, we are in the Lake District and very poor WiFi. I ended up with CrossClimates 235/55/18 as I was able to get the four for just under £400 whereas the 255/45/18 were about £700. Ride feels much the same as the 17” rims. Kind regards Nick

Hey Nick, I wonder if you might be able to tell me where you got your tyres so cheap? Thanks, Andy

Hey Nick, I wonder if you might be able to tell me where you got your tyres so cheap? Thanks, Andy
Sorry Andy, have been away in the van for a couple of weeks and only just logged back on to the forum. I brought them at the end of May from Camskill. I think there was an offer on at the time.

Sorry Andy, have been away in the van for a couple of weeks and only just logged back on to the forum. I brought them at the end of May from Camskill. I think there was an offer on at the time.
Thanks a lot Nick

Back