Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stacking Pots/Pans recommendations - Tefal Ingenio?

thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Looking to get a set of stacking pans for the Cali. Previous threads have recommended the Tefal Ingenio range which do look good. Or is there something else I should consider?

Also Tefal do 2 ranges Essentials and Enamel. The essential being a bit cheaper, but the implication is the enamel will last a bit longer. Anyone have any experience with either. Looking at the 13pcs sets

From Tefal's website...

Ingenio Essential
The Ingenio concept is built around patented detachable handles that attach and detach with one click, converting frying pans into oven dishes and saucepans into baking tins and storage containers while offering optimal space saving as the products stack easily into one another. Ingenio Essential has a hard-wearing non-stick exterior and features Tefal’s durable Resistium® non-stick coating, which combined makes the pans exceptionally easy to clean. The frying pans feature Tefal's iconic Thermo-Spot which lets you know when the pan has reached the optimum cooking temperature.

Ingenio Enamel
The Ingenio collection is available with an enamelled exterior - featuring Tefal’s Intensium® Non Stick coating that is guaranteed to last twice as long as other non-stick products. The enamelled products feature an anti-warp technology on the base, which adds resistance and durability to the life of the pan, and the frying pans feature Tefal's iconic Thermo-Spot technology which lets you know when the pan has reached optimal cooking temperature. The Ingenio Enamel range is compatible with all hobs except induction and is dishwasher safe.

http://www.homeandcook.co.uk/40/ingenio-cookware

We got the 3 piece set, not enamel. The small and medium pan have been known to slide on the hob, luckily I rather caught it (by handle) or the kettle was on the other hob.

Apart from the sliding issue I have been impressed. Very easy to clean, even when you leave it over night.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Agree with above just find the lids a bit awkward too find a home for.

Agree with above just find the lids a bit awkward too find a home for.
Second that. Haven't used them yet either, but the day I decide to remove them...

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I also bought a set of Tefal, nice pans, store well, but I've found the sliding to be a real problem on what seem to be pretty flat surfaces. I might have to replace them. There are clamps on marine stoves to counter the problem of pans moving about, I might take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used the Essential 13 pcs set as my main pans at home, so they have had daily use. Had them a year and they've lasted very well so far. Easy to clean and nothing really sticks to them, even if you burn something. I put a piece of kitchen roll between pans when stored to prevent scratches.

Personally I'd say there is no need for the Enamel set, but looking on Amazon I see the price difference is around £15 so not a deal breaker either way.

I take just the small frying pan, the small and medium pans when in the Cali and that's plenty for us (2 adults). Agree they can slide around a bit on the hob, but if you're careful it's not a problem. I figured all pans would do that, never thought it may be unique to these??

Its worth looking at the Ballerina click and cook range IMO, Amazon/ebay, its was cheaper to buy the small pan separately together with the medium/large set rather than the 3 pan set

Really like these pans. Have the essential set ,stack well in the cupboard see
Photo in https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/finally-our-very-own-room-with-view.14526/#post-154474 thread.
In fact often remove the large frying to use at home ,instead of our expensive non-stick Le creuset one. So easy to clean . In constant for over 12mths now.

Other essential is a large ridge monkey for omelettes,toasties,fry up see YouTube carp fishing to for some easy quick meals

We love our Ingenio, we have the steamer as well, best Cali accessory def recommend

I have been using ingenio at home and in Albert for the last 4 years and can recommend them. Very robust and easy to clean.

Thanks for all the comments. I wonder if the one slides around more than the other (enamel vs. essentials)

Just picked up a 5 piece essentials set for £36 from Harts of Stur. Had my eye on these for a while, best price I've seen by a margin so thought I would give them a go given the positive comments above.

Just picked up a 5 piece essentials set for £36 from Harts of Stur. Had my eye on these for a while, best price I've seen by a margin so thought I would give them a go given the positive comments above.

These guys are seriously cheap, thanks for the tip! Just ordered the enamel 13 piece set for £81 with free next day delivery. Best price on amazon was £115

GSI Pinnacle, just bought a set, still to use but look good plus they all fit inside each other.

Back