Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CampervanBits Stainless steel worktop protectors

Hi Gillian yes they have 3m double sided tape already fitted. As for removal
If you apply a little heat with a hairdryer the adhesive will soften and they will come off. I hope this answers your questions

Hi Gillian yes they have 3m double sided tape already fitted. As for removal
If you apply a little heat with a hairdryer the adhesive will soften and they will come off. I hope this answers your questions

Thanks Kev
Ordered!

Mine have arrived but the Cali is still in the dealership!
This might be a silly question but are there any fitting instructions?
I am assuming that you wipe the glass with a cleansing wipe before removing the covers on the glue strips and fixing in place. Do you leave the protective film on until they are stuck down or take it off first?

I would remove the protective cover first. Then clean the work tops before application. What I did was remove the backing of the 3 m tape then place at the back first and gently lower until you are happy with the position if not just lift up and retry once you are happy lower onto the worktop and press down.

How did you fit yours?

I cleaned the worktops, took off the double sided tape, lined it up along the front and one side with the worktop slightly open and pressed down. First time was a great fit. Then a quick clean with baby oil and a polish. So easy and no need for instructions. Really simple and quick.

Last edited:
I would guess so but these protectors are more for practicality than looks
They will mark in time like a kitchen sink.

Do they mark easily with fingerprints?
Yes, like any stainless steel but you can clean them easy enough using a damp cloth and dry cloth to buff. Or I use baby oil or a great product called bar keepers friend. I learnt those tips from the guy that comes over to clean our oven and extractor fan in the house. For me it's all about the practicality and the durability. They will scratch but scratched stainless steel is much more attractive than scratched frosted glass. :)

Last edited:
That's good to know they can be easily wiped and bar keepers friend sounds interesting.

Love the look fo these, how easy are they to keep clean and shiny please?

Sorry, someone has already asked :eek: Just need to convince the missus that we NEED these now :embarrased

Very prompt service, they look good, slight problem getting the adhesive strip to stick, possibly a bit too cold and damp.
I don't know if the T6 worktop is slightly different in design as the metal top of the struts won't go central in the holes? - anyone know how those struts are fitted so their position can be adjusted slightly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back