Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stand alone table

• Thread starter Elizabeth Silman
  • Start date
E

Elizabeth Silman

Anyone had trouble with their stand alone table getting stuck in its fittings in the door? Can't seem to release it with the catch. Once I get it out im going to try and store it differently b- any ideas?

It's happened a couple of times with ours, it seemed to get half stuck and was sorted by clicking it back into place and trying again.
I seem to recall a thread from ages ago where the release mechanism had broken but can't remember how the got the table out in the end.
If you haven't already perhaps have a search, failing that hopefully someone else can help.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mine was duct-taped in when I bought mine (3rd hand). After trying to resolve the problem by disassembling the interior and adding grease, a stronger spring and reshaping the parts, I ended up glueing two flat super magnets to the door and two pieces of metal to the table. Now it's better fixed to the door than it ever was.

Anyone had trouble with their stand alone table getting stuck in its fittings in the door? Can't seem to release it with the catch. Once I get it out im going to try and store it differently b- any ideas?

Had some issues in the beginning (3rd hand) than suddenly it made a sound like crack now some part is missing now (I gues the cover of the catch) however now it‘s working better.
BTW: in the beginning I always tried to „press“ against the sliding door rather than in direction of the windows