Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Standard Beach Specification.

2haw

2haw

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Morning, after selling my Beach a week ago, I find myself checking AutoTrader and the VW vans website on a daily basis for either a pre-reg van or information on the soon to be released Edition model.

Today I noticed that the California pricelist and brochure are now back online and whilst reviewing these docs, I noticed the following:

• No 18" Wheels are available now
  • City Emergency Braking is now standard
  • Front Window retractable BLINDS now look standard too.
I wonder if the last one is just another error from the VW marketing department or if the blinds really are standard now?

Does anybody know of any other items that were on the Beach options list that are now standard?

Screenshot_20180401-082504.png

Morning, after selling my Beach a week ago, I find myself checking AutoTrader and the VW vans website on a daily basis for either a pre-reg van or information on the soon to be released Edition model.

Today I noticed that the California pricelist and brochure are now back online and whilst reviewing these docs, I noticed the following:

• No 18" Wheels are available now
  • City Emergency Braking is now standard
  • Front Window retractable BLINDS now look standard too.
I wonder if the last one is just another error from the VW marketing department or if the blinds really are standard now?

Does anybody know of any other items that were on the Beach options list that are now standard?

View attachment 31598

I wonder why they have dropped 18s...?
Saying that, the latest designs aren’t the best.

Does that mean you have no Cali, with spring/summer approaching

Yeah, I wondered why no 18's too... could it be an emissions issue?

Yeah, sold it slightly unexpectedly last weekend and probably would of ordered a replacement this week had it not been for the Edition model coming out.

Quite fancy a white one and like the black accents but it all depends on how much the Edition is. I'm hoping it will be prove good value and that the additional standard spec included (about 5k worth) will come at around 3k increase over the standard Beach.

I bought an Amarok Edition a few years back and that was really good value.

Bundled options like the edition model often appear towards the end of a model's life. Wonder if there is a major model change in the works - a T7 with some form of hybrid or electric drive?

Bundled options like the edition model often appear towards the end of a model's life. Wonder if there is a major model change in the works - a T7 with some form of hybrid or electric drive?

The Amarok Edition I had was 4 years ago and they'e only recently updated the Amarok.

I'd be surprised if a new transporter will be out within the next couple of years.

It'll be interesting to see if VW decide if a new California is based on a T7 or the ID Buzz.

I wonder why they have dropped 18s...?
Saying that, the latest designs aren’t the best.

Does that mean you have no Cali, with spring/summer approaching
I'd assume that as the 18" wheels have 255 width tyres this would increase drag and emission figures. This would possibly push a Beach up the VED ratings. Without seeing VW figures there is no way to confirm.

I actually thought I read last week the new T7 is due late 2019...???
Although that could be the panel van with the Cali to arrive a bit later.

I would assume the T7 to be a tweaked T6.
Volkswagens tend to evolve slowly. The ID buzz is a complete new platform from what I’ve seen

You can always buy 18" from parts as I did and sell the factory wheels,

when you say that you sold it unexpectedly.....I assume you put it up for sale and it sold very quickly? I'm thinking of selling mine and am torn as to what to do really want an ocean but love the beach alot.

I'd been checking WBAC valuations for a while and it went up above what I was happy to get back, so I sold it!

Back