Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Standard Cali-Roof Bed Topper Does Not Fit The Beach!

comfortz

comfortz

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Hi Folks,

I've spoken to a couple of customers today who have ordered Cali-Toppers for their Beach's.
Just to confirm the standard Cali-Topper does not fit the Beach. If anyone has purchased a Cali-Topper and has a Beach, please do not attempt to fit it. Contact me on 01246 825873 so I can arrange collection and a refund. I'm visiting a customer on Thursday to get the revised measurements for the Beach's roof, so a Beach specific Cali-Topper will be available very shortly. :thumb

:thanks
Nick

Re: Standard Cali-Topper Does Not Fit The Beach!

comfortz said:
Hi Folks,

I've spoken to a couple of customers today who have ordered Cali-Toppers for their Beach's.
Just to confirm the standard Cali-Topper does not fit the Beach. If anyone has purchased a Cali-Topper and has a Beach, please do not attempt to fit it. Contact me on 01246 825873 so I can arrange collection and a refund. I'm visiting a customer on Thursday to get the revised measurements for the Beach's roof, so a Beach specific Cali-Topper will be available very shortly. :thumb

Nick

Nick

That doesn't surprise me, when I had a full Cali for a while, the roof was quite different to the Beach roof. I guess the electric fold roof is going to be different. I felt that the Beach roof comes up slightly higher but that may have been my imagination, it was clear that the space was different.

If you need a hand with anything let me know :)

James

Thanks James - I may take you up on the offer :D

Yes it seems that the roof is longer and the rear of the roof raises up higher from the vehicle on the beach.

I'll be able to report back a little more on Thursday.

Cheers
Nick

comfortz said:

Yes it seems that the roof is longer and the rear of the roof raises up higher from the vehicle on the beach.

Cheers
Nick

Nick

That is what we found, the rear was higher in the Beach, I hadn't noticed it was longer though.

Anytime we want any help, more than happy to offer Betty Custard :)

Let us know

James

John said:
Hi Nick,

I will amend the review. :thumb

John

If you look around you will see companies offer two different toppers for the Cali and the Beach - Camping.de for example.

If you look at pictures of the vehicles side by side you can notice the difference.

James

VW had only just started producing the Beach when I did the review James and we had not seen one.

We automatically assumed the Beach roof bed was the same size as the Cali and as I wanted to make any New Beach owners feel included on the forum I added "and Beach" to the Cali Roof Topper review.

John

John said:
VW had only just started producing the Beach when I did the review James and we had not seen one.

We automatically assumed the Beach roof bed was the same size as the Cali and as I wanted to make any New Beach owners feel included on the forum I added "and Beach" to the Cali Roof Topper review.

John

John.

I don't think anyone knew. It wasn't till I saw this that I started looking. As I said when we had a full Cali we felt the roof was different but you can never be sure unless you actually compare. I think it's great you are producing the topper - these things happen. Service from comfortz has always been exceptional.

Much of owning a Beach in the UK has been a learning experience lol.

James :)

comfortz said:

Cheers
Nick

Do you have any update or an ETA on the new Beach Roof Topper Nick??

Hi folks - a bit of an update. I've been up to Leeds to measure up a beach (thanks Kim you're a star!) And can confirm that the back comes up higher than the standard roof. All the other dimensions are the same. This means that we should have a beach specific Cali-Topper available by the end of next week. The roofless Cali-Topper will be available very shortly after :)
Cheers Nick

Firstly - nps Nick! As I said anytime - we're more than happy to help!

Secondly - for everybody else, Nick is great - he came and measured the beach and took the topper away. However, I just wanted to add that we were very impressed with the quality of the topper - it is was incredibly well made. No doubts the new one will be of equally good quality! The customer service is exceptional, and it's great to see that Nick wants to adjust the topper for the beach, tbh - I was delighted with the service.

I'm looking forward to the new topper & will post piccies once we've got it.

So once again, thanks Nick for everything.

Hopefully see you soon!

Morning everyone,

Just a quick update - the amended Cali-Topper for the Beach's manual roof is finished.
Unfortunately as I write this email the wind is howling outside :eek: which has caused us to delay the refit until Monday :headbang . I spoke to Kim last night and I agree that there's just too much chance of causing damage to the bellows of her beach to try the refit.

So, as soon as the weather improves we'll do the refit and I'll contact the couple of customers where we need to exchange Cali-Toppers :thumb

If anyone would like to discuss further you can always ring me up for a chat on 01246 825873.

P.S. Have all California Beaches only got the two side windows?

Cheers
Nick

Yes nick as far as I know beaches come with 2 side windows as standard :thumb
Keep up the great work

I'm delighted to let everybody know that Nick has been tonight and we now have a fantastic topper which fits our beach beautifully!!!

The topper is great and is very good quality!

HUGE THANKS to Nick for turning the changes around so quickly and for outstanding customer service!

Kim

That's great to hear Kim.I firmly believe nick's toppers are the best made toppers on the market :thumb

Thanks for the feedback Guys and thanks for your help Kim!

Please see a couple of photo's below of the fitment - apologies for the quality it was quite overcast - but personally loving the Black and white combination :D

For the folks who have purchased a standard Cali-Topper I'll be getting in touch shortly to arrange an exchange :thumb

I'll be sending out a link later on in the week for people to purchase a Beach specific Cali-Topper.

20130422_183215_zps7dac93cf-1_zpscb902150.jpg
20130422_183152_zpsc3fd4764-1_zps9cdea479.jpg
20130422_183223_zpsb95d7239-1_zps2c02d6f4.jpg
20130422_183231_zps7bc1af08-1_zps7fa1cfd1.jpg

Back