Standing water.

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Had the misfortune to hit 100yards of standing water this morning about 6 inches in depth. This resulted in an issue with the diesel heater. When I started it sounded like a jump jet coming into land spinning fans and just cold air. Finally went quiet and stopped. Restarted by turning off and back now normal blowing noise but no heat. Turned off and left Driving home turned it back on after about 10 minutes of driving just cold air. left running and started to heat up after 30 minutes slowly up to temperature. Thought I would post for info as we enter the rainy season.

PS no error messages on control panel

Last year I hit some standing water - just about 3 inches deep and a sharp spray dislodged the heat shield (it just slightly thick alu foil kind of material) just behind the engine. This then started to hit the drive shaft creating a regular tick, tick sound everytime the drive shaft took a turn and hit the offending dislodged part. Sounded as if I had broken something. The good AA man came, identified it and pushed it back into place and all has been well since then.

Since then have been careful in standing water

Back