Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Starter Battery Charging

britlandscape

britlandscape

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
My Cali is December 2007 and as far as I can ascertain from on the forum and the VW dealer when plugged into mains to charge the leisure batteries it does not charge the starter battery although it does on the face lift models. I have tried a CEK charger without any great success and was wondering whether the latest charging system can be retro fitted to mine and/or whether there is an alternative system.
In this years RoadPro brochure they are showing Sterling Power Battery Maintainer and a Votronic Standby Battery Charger which both seem to charge the starter battery from the leisure batteries. Anyone any experience of these?

My brother has 2007 model year and his charges the starter battery also.

I think 2007 was the year it changed from leisure only..

Not sure if the old one can be modded to charge all.

Beeps when turning ignition on

Hi, :hello ,
I have a LHD 2008 Cali comfortline, which is regularly dealer serviced (last done Jun this year.)
Occasionally, when turning on the ignition, I hear 3 distinct beeps in quick succession, but there is no associated message in the dash display, or warning lights either. Does anybody know what these beeps might be for? If I turn the ignition off and on again, the beeps do not reappear. Also, they happen completely randomly, sometimes on first start up of the day, other times after start up after short stop for shopping etc. It can be several weeks between these beeps appearing.
It is a different pitch of beep to the parking sensors (much higher tone) but it is baffling because there is no supporting message/warning symbol. Vehicle drives perfectly normally, and everything appears to work ok.

Any ideas out there please?

Re: Beeps when turning ignition on

I've had this occasionally too, but very intermittent. So far, no consequences that I've noticed. I think there may be another thread about it which could be worth seeing out

Back