Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stay safe and sound ( Ukraine War )

Some interesting further reading on Ukraine

//

"Why Ukraine?" you ask.
Did you know that Ukraine is...

1st in Europe in proven recoverable reserves of uranium ores;
2nd place in Europe and 10th place in the world in terms of titanium ore reserves;
2nd place in the world in terms of explored reserves of manganese ores (2.3 billion tons, or 12% of the world's reserves);
2nd largest iron ore reserves in the world (30 billion tons);
2nd place in Europe in terms of mercury ore reserves;
3rd place in Europe (13th place in the world) in shale gas reserves (22 trillion cubic meters)
4th in the world by the total value of natural resources;
7th place in the world in coal reserves (33.9 billion tons)

Ukraine is an agricultural country:
1st in Europe in terms of arable land area;
3rd place in the world by the area of black soil (25% of world's volume);
1st place in the world in exports of sunflower and sunflower oil;
2nd place in the world in barley production and 4th place in barley exports;
3rd largest producer and 4th largest exporter of corn in the world;
4th largest producer of potatoes in the world;
5th largest rye producer in the world;
5th place in the world in bee production (75,000 tons);
8th place in the world in wheat exports;
9th place in the world in the production of chicken eggs;
16th place in the world in cheese exports.
Ukraine can meet the food needs of 600 million people.

Ukraine is an industrialized country:
1st in Europe in ammonia production;
2-е Europe's and 4th largest natural gas pipeline system in the world (142.5 bln cubic meters of gas throughput capacity in the EU);
3rd largest in Europe and 8th largest in the world in terms of installed capacity of nuclear power plants;
3rd place in Europe and 11th in the world in terms of rail network length (21,700 km);
3rd place in the world (after the U.S. and France) in production of locators and locating equipment;
3rd largest iron exporter in the world
4th largest exporter of turbines for nuclear power plants in the world;
4th world's largest manufacturer of rocket launchers;
4th place in the world in clay exports
4th place in the world in titanium exports
8th place in the world in exports of ores and concentrates;
9th place in the world in exports of defence industry products;
10th largest steel producer in the world (32.4 million tons).

Source: Andriy Futey
Ukrainian Congress Committee of America Ukrainian World Congress
//

Back to the USSR?

How can we let this happen in 2022?

Last edited:
When a madman has his finger on the nuclear button and threatened to use it and has absolutely no thought for human life what can anyone do?
Put our finger on the same nuclear button…

Cold war tactics revisited.

The only alternative is that Putin rules the world. Or am I missing something?

Last edited:

He's took over Chernobyl.
Already said, he has tanks aimed at the reactor and ready to release a nuclear dust cloud over eastern Europe...
This is the madness of someone with too much power for too long. Hence why civilised countries only allow one person in control for 2/3 terms of office.

He's took over Chernobyl.
Already said, he has tanks aimed at the reactor and ready to release a nuclear dust cloud over eastern Europe...
This is the madness of someone with too much power for too long. Hence why civilised countries only allow one person in control for 2/3 terms of office.
Exactly

The only alternative is that Putin rules the world. Or am I missing something?
Obviously no you can’t let that happen. But the man is a nutter cut from the same cloth as Trump. The only thing you can do is call his bluff. I’ve had my life and can remember JFK telling Khrushchev to turn the missile laden ships around. Only thing is Biden is no JFK so not quite sure how that would pan out.

Obviously no you can’t let that happen. But the man is a nutter cut from the same cloth as Trump. The only thing you can do is call his bluff. I’ve had my life and can remember JFK telling Khrushchev to turn the missile laden ships around. Only thing is Biden is no JFK so not quite sure how that would pan out.
I‘ve had my life too mate and share your memories. Hate to say this, but sometimes we just need a Trump…

I‘ve had my life too mate and share your memories. Hate to say this, but sometimes we just need a Trump…
I’m sorry to say but Trump idealised Putin and he often said he favoured the political system where he voted himself in power for life. I’m not particularly in love with who we have but at least you know where you are with him..

Too much politics for a Friday night. Have a good weekend!

You mean the Trump who got a military deferment because of "bone spurs" but played football anyway? Trump is a gasbag and Putin long ago bought him off as the top money launderer for the Russian mafia. You are daft.

You mean the Trump who got a military deferment because of "bone spurs" but played football anyway? Trump is a gasbag and Putin long ago bought him off as the top money launderer for the Russian mafia. You are daft.
Putin crony’s paid Trump $100 million for the privilege of living the luxury life in Trumps Florida apartments.. they should now all be confiscated and given to Ukrainian refugees...

It's a fun 2022 so far eh!

With Russia being knocked hard by the sanctions and Mr Putin's prior nuke threat/warning/rhetoric, he's encouraged us to prep our Ocean for the camping season early, with a few changes and kitting it out as our 'Bug-Out Van' for the time being. If things escalate to a silly level, our plan is to head for the hills for an impromptu off-grid camping trip.

Water purification filter & pump, water canister, diesel canister, 200W solar panels, VHF & UHF radios, diesel tank full, water tank full, fridge and food drawers full, bedding ready to go, hardcopy Road Atlas for 2022, and a hardcopy OS Map of the north of the Breacon Beacons.

It's certainly one way to encourage the mrs to have impromtu camping trips! :D :D :D

With Russia being knocked hard by the sanctions and Mr Putin's prior nuke threat/warning/rhetoric, he's encouraged us to prep our Ocean for the camping season early, with a few changes and kitting it out as our 'Bug-Out Van' for the time being. If things escalate to a silly level, our plan is to head for the hills for an impromptu off-grid camping trip.

Water purification filter & pump, water canister, diesel canister, 200W solar panels, VHF & UHF radios, diesel tank full, water tank full, fridge and food drawers full, bedding ready to go, hardcopy Road Atlas for 2022, and a hardcopy OS Map of the north of the Breacon Beacons.

It's certainly one way to encourage the mrs to have impromtu camping trips! :D :D :D
What’s that famous Monty Python song.....Always look on the bright side of life?

Looking

Looking at Russia’s pre-programmed targets, the southern hemisphere looks best placed to survive a nuclear winter. Difficult to get your Cali there so the Outer Hebrides could be a good option. Might be a good time to buy CalMac shares :)

Looking

Looking at Russia’s pre-programmed targets, the southern hemisphere looks best placed to survive a nuclear winter. Difficult to get your Cali there so the Outer Hebrides could be a good option. Might be a good time to buy CalMac shares :)
Only Putins pals are not targeted, so you have a choice of India, Pakistan and China possibly N Korea..Everyone else with Nukes are targeted on Russia and Belarus. Brings things into perspective. He knows quite well that if he carries out his threat it’s also an end to Russia.

Only Putins pals are not targeted, so you have a choice of India, Pakistan and China possibly N Korea..Everyone else with Nukes are targeted on Russia and Belarus. Brings things into perspective. He knows quite well that if he carries out his threat it’s also an end to Russia.
No one seems to have mentioned chemical weapons or nerve agents (as per Salisbury). Would put nothing past him!!!!

Back to the USSR?

How can we let this happen in 2022?
How did this happen? Greed for low priced goods in the west. This has funneled money into the coffers of "no friends if the west" and enabled those to develop and manufacture arms and become bullies. Gobalisation is bonkers, always has been. "National Freedom" is not free and you can't pay for it by outsourcing your manufacturing to low cost unfriendly places. If too political please remove.

How did this happen? Greed for low priced goods in the west. This has funneled money into the coffers of "no friends if the west" and enabled those to develop and manufacture arms and become bullies. Gobalisation is bonkers, always has been. "National Freedom" is not free and you can't pay for it by outsourcing your manufacturing to low cost unfriendly places. If too political please remove.
Absolutely agree with you. We are all to blame for wanting cheap goods without manufacturing them ourselves. Back in the 60s we made everything ourselves. Grew all our own food, but because we wanted the wages to go with that successive governments of all colours pimped out all the manufacturing to then low wage countries. Those low wage countries like China India and Pakistan (All Nuclear powers) have made an absolute killing and in many cases their standard of living is as high as ours. Now we have no industry we have sold off our car manufacturing to the highest bidders, where we led the world we are now at the bottom of the list. I’m as much to blame and I think it’s time we train many times more apprentices than we do instead of looking at Universities as the be all and end all.
We need to get back to the old ways of producing our own goods and food. I knew that this was going to happen with Putin when he made himself President for life. This has been planned for 20 years.