Staycations and the VW California

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Enquiries about the California surge as families prepare for holidaying within the common travel area.

Enquiries about the California surge as families prepare for holidaying within the common travel area.

To put into context, that is +250% versus March, when the country was headed into lockdown. I'd be more interested to know the level of enquiries versus April 2019. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that is up.

Also this lovely weather might have something to do with it.

Sold my T4 California Coach last week. It was 26 years old. There were many people interested. Had a long list of people who wanted to come and have a look at it. Must say it was in brilliant condition, but still, the amount of possible buyers surprised me. The first person that saw it bought it right away. Crazy what these things are still worth. Perhaps I should have asked for more :) He did mention though, that the 'lockdown' was part of the reason for buying now. Will miss it, cause a T5.1 isn't the same. But then again, love my T5.1, cause well.. a T4 isn't the same :)

Sold my T4 California Coach last week. It was 26 years old. There were many people interested. Had a long list of people who wanted to come and have a look at it. Must say it was in brilliant condition, but still, the amount of possible buyers surprised me. The first person that saw it bought it right away. Crazy what these things are still worth. Perhaps I should have asked for more :) He did mention though, that the 'lockdown' was part of the reason for buying now. Will miss it, cause a T5.1 isn't the same. But then again, love my T5.1, cause well.. a T4 isn't the same :)
I've had a T4, then a T5 and now a T6. Each time I thought I couldn't love another van as much - but I do!!!

Inspired by Amarillo’s and other posters’ excellent tales of adventure we were thinking maybe next year / year after to get a Cali but with all this going in we’re in like Flynn. Our T6.1 Beach that is hopefully on its way is called “Bubble” , family have a full house of underlying conditions that make sharing space on airplanes or public transport to see family abroad, erm....unappealing.

Back