Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Can anyone help me?
I've searched the forum and can only find what I would call out of date information (2013-15) about a great place to buy steel wheels and tyres.
I am looking for new 17" VW wheels (4), as shown below, with inserts with or without tyres. If with tyres they must be winter ones with SF mark and 215's or 235's.
t5-steels-jpg.1860

Last edited:
Have you tried ebay and the VW T5 forum on facebook? usually lots of wheels/tyres for sale.

Bought my wheels and tyres from tyreleader.co.uk their service was excellent. I didn't use the fitting service though because my local garage does them cheaper.

Rik ,
Just wait until 4x reported a stolen spare and then check out Ebay:D

The ones you show are the standaard steels witch are hard to find in a tyre shop i think . Have you had a quote from VW ?

Rik ,

The ones you show are the standaard steels witch are hard to find in a tyre shop i think . Have you had a quote from VW ?
Available in the link, post 4

Rik ,

HC, thx for advice.
Good shout re ebay! :D
I like the standard wheels they look very business like and I'd rather curb them than my black cascavals over the winter. :eek:
Poping into local VW van centre tomorrow - we will see what prices they can offer. Could be interesting too because I have a £250 credit voucher from VWCS which I need to spend (wisely of course!!).
Will post outcome.

HC, thx for advice.
Good shout re ebay! :D
I like the standard wheels they look very business like and I'd rather curb them than my black cascavals over the winter. :eek:
Poping into local VW van centre tomorrow - we will see what prices they can offer. Could be interesting too because I have a £250 credit voucher from VWCS which I need to spend (wisely of course!!).
Will post outcome.
Well, that was interesting!
Visited local VW van centre and asked about price for steel wheels for my Feb 2017 T6 Cali. Gave them the reg number and was advised that this was the steel for my Cali. 7 x 17R ET55 and they are £106.34 each inc VAT. No deals.
104687.jpg

The dealer stressed that the ET55 was an important designation. What does ET55 signify I ask? To be honest I'm not sure was the reply. I since discovered, I think, that it's the offset. I never knew trying to buy some rims was so complicated!
Anyway "I didn't want that design I wanted this type" I say:
104403.jpg

Not sure they'll fit correctly........"Ah Ok" I say. I say my thank you's and leave!

I got prices of the design I want of £58.70 and £53.63 each from two independent suppliers (Wheels24 and Tyreleaders) for new rims. Could that be possible for genuine VW rims?

Can anyone help me?
I've searched the forum and can only find what I would call out of date information (2013-15) about a great place to buy steel wheels and tyres.
I am looking for new 17" VW wheels (4), as shown below, with inserts with or without tyres. If with tyres they must be winter ones with SF mark and 215's or 235's.
t5-steels-jpg.1860
hi I have a set of four of your pictured steel wheels with inserts,they came with my shuttle 204 which now has alloys they have summer tyres which I could have removed.make me an offer if you are interested thanks nick

@Lee has an advert for the steel wheels and winter tyres on the forum, might still be available? It is listed within a general accessories for sale post.

Visited local VW van centre and asked about price for steel wheels for my Feb 2017 T6 Cali. Gave them the reg number and was advised that this was the steel for my Cali. 7 x 17R ET55 and they are £106.34 each inc VAT. No deals.
104687.jpg

The dealer stressed that the ET55 was an important designation. What does ET55 signify I ask? To be honest I'm not sure was the reply. I since discovered, I think, that it's the offset. I never knew trying to buy some rims was so complicated!
104403.jpg

Not sure they'll fit correctly........"Ah Ok" I say. I say my thank you's and leave!

I got prices of the design I want of £58.70 and £53.63 each from two independent suppliers (Wheels24 and Tyreleaders) for new rims. Could that be possible for genuine VW rims?

I just had a quick search at the Swiss Tyre Site (I guess it is actually international however) reifendirekt.ch to compare this prices.wheels: reifendirekt.ch.jpeg

I just had a quick search at the Swiss Tyre Site (I guess it is actually international however) reifendirekt.ch to compare this prices.View attachment 28129
Cheers Sapto. The Swiss company's solution seems to be the same as Tyre Leaders as both source their wheels from the same place. Its http://www.alcar.at
I wonder if VW source from them directly.

hi I have a set of four of your pictured steel wheels with inserts,they came with my shuttle 204 which now has alloys they have summer tyres which I could have removed.make me an offer if you are interested thanks nick
Thanks Nick, just weighing my options.

104687.jpg

104403.jpg

I shall be looking at the spare tomorrow - I bet it's like the second one!