still can't choose

calibusje

calibusje

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hellow everybody
After 8 years happy travels with our T4 westfalia california, we decided to buy a new one anyway. We wanted a little more horsepower and air conditioning. The nice solutions that Volkswagen has for the outdoor table and seats is a bonus. The pull-out drawer under the sofa (instead of lifting the seat whenever you need something) is also a plus. For the rest: business as usual in terms of interior.
Last monday, I've made the order:
118985449_642320919755369_1768524313853430774_n.jpg
We have the larger brake calipers on the front and consequently also the 17 inch rims and there it is ... I can not choose: when ordering I chose the steel 17 inch to change afterwards when I know which one I want. I stick to 17 inch but which rims? Black or not? I have some to choose from but can you help? ;)

cascavel (black, silver or anthracite)
Cascavel
(black, silver or anthracite)
davenport (silver or black)

Davenport

posada (black)
Posada
nf1113-vw-wheel-woodstock-7jx17-235-55r17.jpegWoodstock

Now I just have to wait until May 2021 :thumb

Greetings
Calibusje

Last edited:
Hellow everybody
After 8 years happy travels with our T4 westfalia california, we decided to buy a new one anyway. We wanted a little more horsepower and air conditioning. The nice solutions that Volkswagen has for the outdoor table and seats is a bonus. The pull-out drawer under the sofa (instead of lifting the seat whenever you need something) is also a plus. For the rest: business as usual in terms of interior.
View attachment 65748
We have the larger brake calipers on the front and consequently also the 17 inch rims and there it is ... I can not choose: when ordering I chose the steel 17 inch to change afterwards when I know which one I want. I stick to 17 inch but which rims? Black or not? I have some to choose from but can you help? ;)

View attachment 65754
Cascavel
View attachment 65755

Davenport

View attachment 65756
Posada

Greetings
Calibusje
Having the same dilema but in the end decided to buy steel wheels separately. Gone for this wheel/colour combo:

1EFCC171-3CD3-499C-9F39-C3BB4A95DC17.jpeg

The woodstock: very beautiful!
We decided to choose cherry red (free and we have a white T4 wanted something different, it is also a nice red) and it was dawning that rims with black accents would look nice with the color. I add the woodstock :thumb

black cascavel wins easliy for me, but the question is what do you like!
that is the question and black cascavels look also good, that is ;)

Hellow everybody
View attachment 65748

View attachment 65754
Cascavel
View attachment 65755

Davenport

View attachment 65756
Posada
View attachment 65766Woodstock

Greetings
Calibusje
Black Cascavel :)

Black wheel really suit red vans. However do check the maths as black cascavel 'almost new' sets do pop up for sale (2 sets here recently). Keep your steels for winter.

Silver Davenports probably easier to sell on if you should change your mind in future years. Silver less likely to show chips/kerb marks etc.

Silver Davenports probably easier to sell on if you should change your mind in future years. Silver less likely to show chips/kerb marks etc.
that is certainly the case, also something to take into account ;)

Black wheel really suit red vans. However do check the maths as black cascavel 'almost new' sets do pop up for sale (2 sets here recently). Keep your steels for winter.
thanks for the tip :thumb Second hand could be wright.

Hello 2into1, we met you years ago at a COTF, it was nice then.
10353627_802636826436729_5396710987222678105_n.jpg
We're on the right.
Many greetings
Calibusje

Can't see the wheels when Im driving, so steel is good enough.

The alloys on our old 68bhp T4 definitely made it go faster up hills. Any weight saving was welcome!

The alloys on our old 68bhp T4 definitely made it go faster up hills. Any weight saving was welcome!
you had a 1.9 turbo diesel? Ours is the 5 cylinder 2.4 naturally aspirated diesel (78 hp) and it will take you everywhere ... at its own pace :D I still love my westfalia california and don't intend to part with it. Hopefully the T6.1 will do equally well but the horsepower and the air conditioning will help ;)

you had a 1.9 turbo diesel? Ours is the 5 cylinder 2.4 naturally aspirated diesel (78 hp) and it will take you everywhere ... at its own pace :D I still love my westfalia california and don't intend to part with it. Hopefully the T6.1 will do equally well but the horsepower and the air conditioning will help ;)

We had the 1.9TD with a bespoke Bilbo conversion (Basically a Beach with a removable kitchen pod behind drivers seat - twin hob, grill, sink, gas/water storage in cupboard underneath) which upon purchase lacked any oomph as had been sat in London for about 10 years so had not had too many good motorway runs. But after cleaning sludge with Mr Muscle , fitting a EGR Blanking plate, Diesel pump rebuild & Rhino fuel additive on each fill up it transformed the drive...the accelerator actually did something when you pressed it!..so would cruise nicely at 70mph (eventually) and go up Ditchling Beacon in 3rd gear!

Extra HP + Aircon is a big plus, but still miss the character of our old T4.

Good afternoon,

I have the Cascavel rims. I like them and I believe they suite the van.

Have I said that if I would have to order a new California I would go with Davenport rims because I believe they are easier to clean. The Cascavel rims can take a while to get clean, dried and waxed.

Even though I try to be practical I wouldn't go so far to get steehl rims on the van.

Happy California,
Eberhard

Even though I try to be practical I wouldn't go so far to get steehl rims on the van.
hellow
I ordered those because of the larger brake calipers on the front and so could not keep the 16 inch steel wheels with wheel covers and could not choose from the alloy wheels; normally to change later

There was -here in Belgium but maybe everywhere- an extra discount of 2400 euros (called 're-start') when ordering a california and it ended last Monday ... now I have some time (until delivery sometime in May 2021) to think about the alloys ;)

Thank you for the tip about the cleaning.

Last edited:
Back