Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storage bags for tailgate

D

Damen

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all,

I don't use my VW chairs stored in the tailgate and usually pack the space between them with other stuff.

I've seen these storage bags on VWcampershop.nl that fit in the space occupied by the chairs:

Has anyone got any experience of using these bags or something similar? My main query is do they have something to hold them in place like the clip that holds the chairs? As I don't want the bags to drop down or move about when I shut the tailgate. Cheers.

Hi all,

I don't use my VW chairs stored in the tailgate and usually pack the space between them with other stuff.

I've seen these storage bags on VWcampershop.nl that fit in the space occupied by the chairs:

Has anyone got any experience of using these bags or something similar? My main query is do they have something to hold them in place like the clip that holds the chairs? As I don't want the bags to drop down or move about when I shut the tailgate. Cheers.
Never seen them before.
But ........
It looks like they're a sliding fit side by side into the cavity normally holding the two chairs. The cavity's usual zip closure seems to be still in place (from the picture) and looks as though it zips over the two bigs in question which will prevent them falling out when the rear door is closed down and almost certainly help stopping them sliding side to side.
So it looks like additional fixings wouldn't be needed?
If you're not needing the chairs, the two bags look pretty useful to me.

Not a very encouraging footnote on the order page. .....
”Notice: due to a delivery of faulty products by our supplier the zipper might be torn off. In this case you can send the product back and you'll be given a new bag free of charge.”
Would have expected them to check prior to dispatch.

Not a very encouraging footnote on the order page. .....
”Notice: due to a delivery of faulty products by our supplier the zipper might be torn off. In this case you can send the product back and you'll be given a new bag free of charge.”
Would have expected them to check prior to dispatch.

... not if it ships direct from a warehouse in China. :)

... not if it ships direct from a warehouse in China. :)
True, but not the best marketing strategy (albeit honest!) and no mention of them refunding postage To China!

Agree about the zipper. To be fair they’ve answered all my questions about this and a couple of other things really promptly.

The bags will not drop out as you suppose to close the zipper on the large bag fitted on the rear door as you would do with the chairs in;)

I've not seen these bags in the flesh but CCN usual has good stuff , the fact they mention the faulty zipper is indeed strange but also reflects that they will solve it if it would overcome you.

Guess if you look for other bags in your local campingshop or so you will find anything suiteble for less money , or just store stuf in there without a extra bag : levelramps , extention lead , ....no bag needed

CCN lets these things made to fit offcoarse witch makes it look nice and tidy

Not been to Amersfoort since last september , need to visit them again ....always pleasure and fun there .

Back