Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

storage box recommendation

M

mikej

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hiya
long time reader, rare poster....
On (2 of the 3) the rear corner shelves in the boot (above the gas bottle) we have had, up till now, some some cardboard boxes (stolen from our veg box deliveries:oops:) They have fitted perfectly for some 7 years now but are disintegrating and I need to replace them (the veg box company don't do that size any more!) Am having trouble purchasing some that fit the space and am losing the will to live! And remembering why we ended up with the cardboard boxes in the first place!
Does anyone else have boxes in that space and if so what do you have that fits???!
many thanks!
Mike

Hiya
On (2 of the 3) the rear corner shelves in the boot (above the gas bottle) we have had, up till now, some some cardboard boxes (stolen from our veg box deliveries:oops:) They have fitted perfectly for some 7 years now but are disintegrating and I need to replace them (the veg box company don't do that size any more!) Am having trouble purchasing some that fit the space and am losing the will to live! And remembering why we ended up with the cardboard boxes in the first place!
Does anyone else have boxes in that space and if so what do you have that fits???!
many thanks!
Mike

I use 20200216_124832.jpgReally Useful Box boxes. But it's still not the best solution. The larger box fits on the bottom shelf but although it looks like it would also fit the middle shelf, it doesn't because the sliding door handle gets in the way, hence the smaller box.

Hiya
many thanks!
Mike

Mikej, are you able to send pics of your current cardboard box setup - just to see the space usage? Don't want to be generally recommending as you seem to be looking for something very specific. Many on here like us use IKEA KUGGIS and VARIERA boxes in different shapes and sizes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies!
I could send a pic but its dark, rainy and windy right now ! will try and do so tomorrow.

that really useful box looks great for the bottom shelf...
My wife loves a trip to IKEA so if we have a guaranteed recommendation of some that fit she'll be thrilled at having an excuse to go!

it's the 8 litre box 34 x 20 x 17.5 cm Model number 8C.
Just for absolute clarity, don't be tempted to impulse-buy a 9 litre box in B&M on the assumption that they've stopped making the 8 litre. I have discovered that the 9 litre definitely doesn't fit (nor does the 4 litre on the shelf above) as it's wider and longer at 395mm x 255mm. The 8 litre box is still for sale on the distinctly-2008 Really Useful Box website: http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/rub/b08_0litreOF.php and significantly cheaper than Amazon.

I use View attachment 55381Really Useful Box boxes. But it's still not the best solution. The larger box fits on the bottom shelf but although it looks like it would also fit the middle shelf, it doesn't because the sliding door handle gets in the way, hence the smaller box.
If you remove the lids you can put stuff in that is higher than the edge of the box.

Back