• Thread starter BMVS-Camper-Hire
  • Start date
BMVS-Camper-Hire

BMVS-Camper-Hire

Camperhire
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello all

Ive been asked a couple of time about what storage boxes we use for our California's.

http://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/products ... 340718.htm

Two of them fit perfectly under the rear bed, and then you can put four more on top. They clip shut as well, so can be left outside as well, and be protected from the elements.

Hope that helps

Oli

Oli,
Assume this is with the bed frame on its lower setting? Mine has two height settings. Can you explain the four more on top? A photo of them in a Cali would be good
Thanks

Here you go. This is witht eh bed at its lowest height. I take six boxes when I go away, two below and four above. I put duvets and sleeping bags around the top ones to protect the trim in the campervan from the hard plastic of the boxes.

F3BC523A-ECC3-4D82-8801-10F42567C874-3708-000002C11E7EAECA.jpg

I hope this helps

Thanks to a tip off from Oli we also use these boxes. You can get 3 under the lower section if you want/need to.

Very handy for storing clothes etc in as you can just pull them out and take them into the van for rummaging. They have a secondary use of being very usefully sized to hold wine/beer should your return journey raise the opportunity :crazy

Bed at its lowest height? Can it be adjusted then?

Am I about to learn another new thing about my van :)

Cheers,

The rear metal bed frame has two height settings, the lower one which is level with the seat when folded down (to make the bed) and a higher one. The higher one is using the second set or location fixtures in the rear of the van. You need to unlock at the back pull the frame out 6 inches lift it up and slot in and re lock. Mine is a face lift Cali. Not sure if all have this?

I'm not sure I understood about the two levels.
Do you have any pictures? :thanks

:hello

You can see it in my picture above on the RH side

My '07 pre-facelift has the two height settings too, also has a board instead of the metal bed frame as seen in the photo above.

:D

Ian

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
Here you go. This is witht eh bed at its lowest height. I take six boxes when I go away, two below and four above. I put duvets and sleeping bags around the top ones to protect the trim in the campervan from the hard plastic of the boxes.

F3BC523A-ECC3-4D82-8801-10F42567C874-3708-000002C11E7EAECA.jpg

I hope this helps

You should offer them as an option! :D

Seriously, although we have a good flexible range of luggage, with a bit more thought, I'd have just lobbed all our stuff in 6 of these.....would've made the transfer of 'kit' and storage in the awning a piece of cake.

Also means nothing gets wet.

I suppose you experienced campers do these kind of things as a matter of course.

I use something similar to these bought from a pound shop. They weren't a pound though, about 12 quid. They have little wheels on the bottom so slide in and out of the back pretty well. Really handy for all your camping stuff, plus you can see what's in them.

Just picked x4 of these boses up from Costco.

35 litre ones though not 48.

ÂŁ7.19 think they were.

Heads up, staples has 64 litre really usefull boxes, 2 for ÂŁ20 at the moment

beardie said:
Heads up, staples has 64 litre really usefull boxes, 2 for ÂŁ20 at the moment

Thanks for that, Beardie!

Just been and picked 2 up from Loughborough.... Bargain!!

Also had lots of other different sizes including some that fit perfectly in the rear cupboard.

Which ones fitted in the rear cupboard? Shame they are not all on special offer

beardie said:
Which ones fitted in the rear cupboard? Shame they are not all on special offer

3 Litre ones fit on 2 lower shelves with room to spare....

The 64 litre ones are a great for in the back.

Has anyone found ones that are a good fit under the kitchen cabinets pls ?

View attachment 6372

I hope this helps
We have these boxes and they end up in the loo tent as the bathroom "table" and everything stays dry when we have a shower in there too!!

Nice, where from????

Also we have that window on the Ocean so what makes them Beach only?

It won't let me link the site but I found them on. Just search for T5 window storage bags

They look really useful and can be removed easily from the window. Shame its only available for the beach. I thought they would also fit ours as o agree the window is exactly the same, also comes in a lighter colour

d3f9696428_packtaschen_t5_t6_camping_vanessa.jpg

Last edited:
https://+++++++++++++++++++++++/pro...ags-for-the-rear-windows-vw-california-beach/

I think it's a great storage solution maybe the shop should look at getting them in I'm sure they would sell well.

I think I'll try them

Back