Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storage Boxes

• Thread starter BMVS-Camper-Hire
  • Start date
That retailer is "banned" from this site hence the ***********

Are they doggy then I'm sure we can fined them from another supplier.

Are they doggy then I'm sure we can fined them from another supplier.
No, not dodgy, more to do with a disagreement re Cali forums/owners etc. So not allowed to promote/mention them in links etc. I have had several orders from them in the past.

Also we have that window on the Ocean so what makes them Beach only?
The site (which mustn't be mentioned) says
"Note: For the VW T5/T6 California Beach with a 2-seated bench only one packing bag fits as the bench is too wide on the side of the rear window."

I guess this means that the SE / Ocean seat on the non kitchen side would interfere with the bag as it reclines. That would make the bags only suitable for Beaches with the 3 seater bench.

The site (which mustn't be mentioned) says
"Note: For the VW T5/T6 California Beach with a 2-seated bench only one packing bag fits as the bench is too wide on the side of the rear window."

I guess this means that the SE / Ocean seat on the non kitchen side would interfere with the bag as it reclines. That would make the bags only suitable for Beaches with the 3 seater bench.

Bummer!

Wonder if you could just remove them before you recline the bench.

They have a nasty habit of taking people's money for out of stock items and not keeping customers informed of delay.
And for writing 2000 words about their used vans for sale, but "not having space" to mention they are ex-hire.
I pointed this out several times before being banned from posting on their facebook page.

So there seems to be some reasons for them to be banned!
But you can also try these links at another supplier or at the manufacturer : (I hope they are not also banned :()

http://www.california-camping.de/t5...ifornia-beach-das-cali-beach-bag-classic.html

http://www.vanessa-mobilcamping.de/...multivan-t5/accessories-packing-bag-t5t6.html

And those 2 videos show how it works

And there is also a model for Ocean and Coast ! Who will be the first to try?

http://www.california-camping.de/vw...n-coast-comfortline-beach-mit-zweierbank.html

I am tempted

Ordered an Iso Top from Camper van tastic back in January, they were happy to take my money and my iso top has still not arrived, now trying to cancel it, it looks like they don't keep stock and get items in to order?

Well those bags are slick. I guess from outside it just looks like a black window? Love the music in the first vid too :thumb

We have a pair - one pocket holds all my socks, pants, tshirts, shirts, trousers and shorts that I've needed for a year away. My sweater, fleece and waterproofs go elsewhere.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

It says on the page:
The assembly just takes seconds - thus you can take the bag out quickly and easily for your workaday life. Due to a carrying handle you can carry the bag to your home or hotel and use it as suitcase.

I don't see how the SE / Ocean being split into two separate bags works more efficiently than the larger single bag.

Screenshot_20180320-210149__01.jpg

d3f9696428_packtaschen_t5_t6_camping_vanessa.jpg

I ordered one from the manufacturers: http://www.vanessa-mobilcamping.de
I think it only took 2 or 3 days from order to receive it. I've got a T4 so can't say how it works in the newer models but they are good quality bags (Made by Vaude).

Here you go. This is witht eh bed at its lowest height. I take six boxes when I go away, two below and four above. I put duvets and sleeping bags around the top ones to protect the trim in the campervan from the hard plastic of the boxes.

View attachment 6372

I hope this helps
In a bid to resurect this thread, does anyone have a similar set up in 2019 and where did you get your boxes, and what sizes are you using? I would like to get 6 boxes just like this.

@alexinthepeaks , if you mean Really Usefull boxes they are used frequent so guess they are common in the UK availeble .
We have them availeble in Belgium also in many warehouses...
Welcome on your first post btw ;)

In a bid to resurect this thread, does anyone have a similar set up in 2019 and where did you get your boxes, and what sizes are you using? I would like to get 6 boxes just like this.
We use
2x 400 x 300 x 320mm Euro Containers
2x 600 x 400 x 320mm Euro Containers

Which fit exactly under the bed of an Ocean/SE

You can get lidded ones. We got them from here:

Thats amazing help thanks! You dont happen to have a photo of your set up do you?

Our's is full of my daughter's cr@p from uni, which she hasn't been bothered to empty and so the boxes are out atm.

However, have a look at Loz's post #41 in the link below.

Except all ours are grey and:
where his 2 x blue 400x300x300 ones are, we have 1 x 600 x 400 x 320
where his 2 x grey 600x400x150 half height ones are, we have 1 x 600 x 400 x 320
where his 4 x yellow 400x300x150 half height ones are, we have 2 x 400 x 300 x 320

We also don't have the expensive calitop drawer and just slide them in and out, which works fine.

HTH

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/dimensions-details-please.7497/page-3

Really useful boxes available readily including Dunelm, google search should show some local shops

B&Q stock Really Useful Boxes.
They have grey handles rather than the usual blue ones. Otherwise just the same.

Alan

Back