Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storage compartment package

Camperfamily

Camperfamily

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Can anyone confirm what the 'storage compartment package' includes for the T6.1 Ocean/ Coast/ 2 seat bench Beach?

The pricelist says "Storage compartment package. Includes net pocket in roof and additional drawer in two-seater rear bench seat. Not Beach Tour models."

I'm aware of the additional drawer under the bench and it's very helpful, but I'm not clear on what the "net pocket in roof" is. Is it the net in the following post from @Hotel California?

Can anyone confirm what the 'storage compartment package' includes for the T6.1 Ocean/ Coast/ 2 seat bench Beach?

The pricelist says "Storage compartment package. Includes net pocket in roof and additional drawer in two-seater rear bench seat. Not Beach Tour models."

I'm aware of the additional drawer under the bench and it's very helpful, but I'm not clear on what the "net pocket in roof" is. Is it the net in the following post from @Hotel California?
It is a net that fits across the opening to the pop top bed. There are 2 rails either side of the opening. I found it useless, also more fabric to squeeze above the plastic hatch, so undid the rails and slid the net off.

Just looked at the other link! Yes it is that net, just for storing stuff.

Same here, yet to find a use for the net and agree that it’s just a load more material to cram into the roof hatch.

Back