Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storage in roof bed

GillianC

GillianC

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Sorry if this is a daft question but I have today taken delivery of a ladder to access the roof bed. It looks great but folds lengthways if that makes sense so it is long, thin and very light.
It will store under the back shelf and seats to travel with no problem but if the roof is up and the top bed raised is there room to store bedding and a ladder between the mattress and the roof?
I can't check on my Cali because it is in the dealership having replacement bellows and control panel under warranty!

We leave our bed made up and just pushed out of the way.

Just don't lower the roof with any bedding etc in place

Sorry if this is a daft question but I have today taken delivery of a ladder to access the roof bed. It looks great but folds lengthways if that makes sense so it is long, thin and very light.
It will store under the back shelf and seats to travel with no problem but if the roof is up and the top bed raised is there room to store bedding and a ladder between the mattress and the roof?
I can't check on my Cali because it is in the dealership having replacement bellows and control panel under warranty!
Hi GillianC, could you post a link to the ladder you bought please? We're waiting for our Cali but this is on our top essentials list to buy while waiting! Cheers!

Gladys, you might want to consider holding off until your Cali arrives before deciding if you really need a ladder. Quite a few people (various threads about this, including the one HC linked above) seem to have bought ladders then not used them.

After a couple of practices most people (not all, admittedly) find they have no problem to get up into the bed without any extra kit, and others prefer to use some kind of step rather than a ladder.

If you've already got Cali bunking experience, eg through renting one, just ignore me...

Yes HC you are correct...I have the middle one. It is very sturdy and fixes to the roof opening to stabilise it. It doesn't fold in half but rather slides vertically so that one side goes up and the other down and the rungs at an angle, if that makes sense?!
BTW he is a she

@GillianC , sorry for the he/she mix-up ....we need to get this in our avatar! :cool:

I seen it and know how it folds together , shame it is not shown on the pictures

If the roof is up, then you can put what you want on the roof bed and then just push the roof up. It just won't go up so far. It is only on gas struts. Put large items at front small at back.JUST MAKE SURE IT IS ALL REMOVED BEFORE LOWERING THE ROOF to avoid any damage. We put pillows, Duvets and clothes up there when on site as well as iPad and Musicbox and various sundries.

Back