Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storing the folding crank for the awning

blondebier

blondebier

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We've just taken delivery of a new T6 beach and we've got an awning.

The crank for the awning was in the boot when we drove off from the dealer and I can't work out where this lives... (I rather it didn't roll around in the boot!)

The manual says this :

The folding crank for the awning is located in the drawer under the bench seat/bed.

Unclip the folding crack for the awning from the three clips to take it out of the drawer.

When placing it in the drawer, check whether the folding crank for the awning is connected to all three clips.

Bugger me. I've got a 1 metre long pole. I can't work out how it folds up. I can't see three clips anywhere in the bench. The manual doesn't have any pictures.

Can anyone help?

see you got a beach , correct?
I think it only fits the bench seat drawer of the SE - Coast and Ocean version
Correct me if wrong!

Yes - it's a beach. Is there no where elegant to store it?

Guess you got three small drawers , or not?

I would try to find clips that can fit the pole in DIY store and look for a spot on the booth.
Under the multflex board...

Waiting for Beach owers to give intel on how they store it.

Guess you got three small drawers , or not?

I would try to find clips that can fit the pole in DIY store and look for a spot on the booth.
Under the multflex board...

Waiting for Beach owers to give intel on how they store it.
Yes - 3 small drawers in the bench.

It'd be useful to hear what others people are doing. Seems a bit of a fail as everything else has been so well engineered.

The crank for the awning was in the boot when we drove off from the dealer and I can't work out where this lives... (I rather it didn't roll around in the boot!)

The manual says this :

The folding crank for the awning is located in the drawer under the bench seat/bed.

Unclip the folding crack for the awning from the three clips to take it out of the drawer.

When placing it in the drawer, check whether the folding crank for the awning is connected to all three clips.

Bugger me. I've got a 1 metre long pole. I can't work out how it folds up. I can't see three clips anywhere in the bench. The manual doesn't have any pictures.

Can anyone help?
So the Handover went well then!

I don't think there is any specific storage space on the Beach, but then I have, as HC has, a SE.

Maybe the Dealer can help, but otherwise you will have to sort something out yourself.
Do you have a mattress on top of the Multiflex Board. If so put the handle under that.
The handle has 3 joints. Just pull and fold to form a L shape or a Handle shape.

Or sell the awning and keep the handle for bashing burglars with

I think it will be in the roof for us as we always put the roof up before winding out the awning (so we can put the roof cap on) so it will always be accessible.
We had the same rolling around in the boot issue on the way back from the dealers

I have just had my annual bath. I always have one every year whether I need it or not! Whilst trying to get all my ducks in a row I had a Eureka moment and rushed to our Cali to check it out, (not in the buff you'll be pleased to know).

Obtain a length of that grey foam insulation that plumbers put round standard gauge copper water pipes. Cut off a length that is slightly longer than the main and the adjacent section of your crank handle. Slit it open along the pre-cut line and slip the above mentioned two sections into the sleeve. Leave the handle exposed. Cut a further short section of insulation sleeve and slip over the handle. Then store the whole thing behind the table in the side door. The insulation should ensure rattle and damage free storage.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This is one I made earlier.

I have just had my annual bath. I always have one every year whether I need it or not! Whilst trying to get all my ducks in a row I had a Eureka moment and rushed to our Cali to check it out, (not in the buff you'll be pleased to know).

Obtain a length of that grey foam insulation that plumbers put round standard gauge copper water pipes. Cut off a length that is slightly longer than the main and the adjacent section of your crank handle. Slit it open along the pre-cut line and slip the above mentioned two sections into the sleeve. Leave the handle exposed. Cut a further short section of insulation sleeve and slip over the handle. Then store the whole thing behind the table in the side door. The insulation should ensure rattle and damage free storage.
View attachment 12302
View attachment 12303
Genuis - well done Paul a winner for me will go back and award you a star .......

It fits perfectly in the drawer under the seat in the clips as per the manual.

With the Beach though you have to have ordered the 2 seater to get the right drawer!! ;)

It fits perfectly in the drawer under the seat in the clips as per the manual.

With the Beach though you have to have ordered the 2 seater to get the right drawer!! ;)
Yes - the 3 seater does not has a designated storage place - in with the chairs is simple option

see you got a beach , correct?
I think it only fits the bench seat drawer of the SE - Coast and Ocean version
Correct me if wrong!

Some seem to misunderstand "correct me if wrong" with "disagree" :headbang

In this case i disagree with the disagreeer....:talktothehand

If the OP gives no more info i can olny guess how it suppose to go ....as mine is SE i figured the Beach got smaler drawers.
So if one needs to react by tapping disagree i find it a bit low.

See in the mean time ther are others giving more useful solutions rather than disagree so @blondebier you seem to have plenty to chose from:thumb

store the whole thing behind the table in the side door. The insulation should ensure rattle and damage free storage.
I found a similar solution. With the crank in a sort of n shape, it clips between the table legs. Then the three front curtains can pad it to stop rattling.

View attachment 12302
View attachment 12303
Clever - I'll do the same - good tip :thumb

Gosh - so glad I got an Ocean. I can't imagine how I would have dealt with this design flaw on the Beach.:D. Now on to where to store the washing up bowl ?

The manual says this :

Can anyone help?

Buy two 15mm push fit pipe clips in white from B&Q or plumbers merchants and screw to the underside of the multiflex lift up flap. You'll find the handle can be stowed straight.
Should cost less than £1...

I used to store mine with the chairs in the boot but I find it easier to hand when i slide between the rear seat cushion and rear side panel.

Back