Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

stove ignition

C

Cavilln

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Our stove 'sparker' has stopped working. We have tried cleaning it (worked on he stove at home) but this didn't help. It makes the right noise but no spark (so I assume there is still a current going through). any tips? Thanks

Hi Loz you are on to something there. There is no spark on the stove burners but there is an occasional one inside the cupboard ie somewhere else in the cable as you say. So I am guessing I need to replace the cables or find the loose connection?

I've not even tried using mine for 3 years.

It didn't work, refused to work after SMG told it to work, never worked after it was made to work on it's first service...

It just doesn't work.

Lots of other things do work to light the burners so It's proved to be no big deal....

but

It's there, I have paid for it, it should work...

Check the connection underneeth , stick your head in the cupboard

It could simply be dampness. Try leaving the lid and door open and use a lighter for a few weeks. It may miraculously start to work again. Mine did.

I just had a quick look and the spark generator has two wires attached to it ( one for each electrode) the electrodes are really awkward to get to unless you have the hands of a 5 yr old child. If neither of your burners ignite then this suggests that the spark generator(peizo unit) is broken or both wires have come off. You would be very unlucky for both electrodes ( the White things on the burner itself!) to fail in my view. I will put a photo of mine up. The spark generator looks easy to change. Just held in with a lock nut as per photo. I expect that the wire that attaches to the end of the spark generator has a round connector and the other wire will be a spade connector.

image.jpeg

Oh and the spark generator is not connected to either the electric or gas just in case you were wondering

Guys. Just wanted once again to thank you for your help. It turns out one of the connectors had come off, and thanks to your advice and some fiddling around I worked it out. The spark has returned to my relationship with my Cali!

Mine did not work from new found the wire on the side was attached but the plug had pushed out removed it. Pushed plug in and worked fine

Oh. Don't confuses the thermo couple as the spark it's the small round pip that sparks

Just reconnected my dangling wire and now my burners light first time. Second fix in a week thanks to you guys!