Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stowage compartment in centre console (cover won't close)

Geoff S

Geoff S

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
T6 Ocean comfort dash - stowage compartment cover in centre console will not stay closed. I'm at a loss to work out how this happened or how to fix this. It seems to be an issue with the closing/damping mechanism. Has anyone else had similar issues and could suggest a fix or repair? Thanks.

Have you got anything plugged in the 12v socket? I have a USB charger in mine that doesn't obviously stop the cover from closing but does stop it from latching.

Thanks for reply - but no. Completely emptied the compartment. Mechanism works but cover/flap won't click or latch in to place - just glides back open and stays open.

Geoff,

I see you had a problem with the soft close cover, did you ever get it fixed as I have the same fault. Was wondering if this is covered under warranty?

Hi Ian. Yes, fixed (replaced) under warranty. I suspect that a passenger tried to force it open rather than a soft touch down to open. Been ok since.

Thanks, I’ll try the warranty route.
Old thread but how did you get on Ian? The same has happened to mine and I am having it looked at under warranty in a couple of weeks. At £180 for the diagnostic (if not covered under warranty) it’s good to know others have got it fixed!

Hi we had ours replaced under warranty which has made it better but it still happens occasionally we push the the locating latches back with fingers and them it will close

I have the same problem with mine. There’s a metal wire that seems to have come off that is part of the latching mechanism. Has anyone had this fixed under their All In Plan warranty?

F9C93369-6430-4908-9633-50E74F41BF0D.jpeg

3F5AB6E4-44FC-4FFD-BA85-A7D34216BC81.jpeg

Back