Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stranded Again - This time, Croatia

R

RTWoodstock

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Left stranded yet again by my California - This time on an island in Croatia. Bought this van to replace a 30 year Porsche as my main road trip as am getting older and wanted to travel further and in all seasons. The elderly Porsche ironically never let me down. My new van nevers stops letting me down this time by the road in Croatia. I have got the message and after having a hideous time with VW both through the buying process (flat out lied to endlessly) and through the endless warranty issues will be looking for alternatives upon my return.

My day today will be spent like this it seems (again) - https://instagram.com/p/BURHOR2gEbe/

Oh dear. What is the problem and is an ongoing issue or lots of different ones?

How old is van and mileage? T6 is mechanically very reliable so may be trivial hopefully but seems you have lost faith. good luck.

All kinds of issues but this is a repeat issue that VW assured me repeatedly had been sorted. My van had the wrong alternator belt put on at the factory which was slightly too big and shredded and wrapped itself round the power steering - It was replaced at the roadside by a temporary belt for me to get home and VW Coventry then had it to put the correct belt on - which it seems they failed to do. In short flat out lied to me (although this seems to be just what VW dealers do (am on my third including the buying process)).

How old is van and mileage? T6 is mechanically very reliable so may be trivial hopefully but seems you have lost faith. good luck.
It's has 12000 miles on it - is one of the very last delivered T5.2s as it was delayed getting to me (another ridiculous debacle ...). I picked it up last July with 12 miles from the dealer. Yep, I think as a consumer all I can do is vote with my wallet and go elsewhere. And I am aware to get what I want may well cost a great deal more but my time and travels are far more important.

Back