Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Stratford upon Avon - Riverside 2nd to 4th September 2016 (No spaces left sorry)

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Proposed meet 2nd to 4th of September at Riverside in Stratford upon Avon to give the midland members a local meet.

http://www.stratfordcaravans.co.uk/

We are staying here next week, its a lovely new site with good facilities and walking distance (or water taxi) to the town.

We are situated just a mile from Stratford upon Avon town centre making us an ideal tranquil site to explore the Cotswolds and Shakespeare's county. We have approximately 100 touring grass pitches for caravans, motorhomes, folding campers and American RV’s, all on well drained ground with electric hook up. Riverfront pitches are available, please enquire when booking as there is a nightly surcharge.

The park is situated on the banks of the River Avon with a regular river taxi
service running throughout the daytime to the town centre or alternatively it is
a scenic 25 minute walk to the town on the footpath along the road.

For local conveniences Riverside Park is on the edge of Tiddington village, just 5 minutes walk from the site, here you can find a convenience store & Post Office. There is also the Crown Inn pub which serves bar meals, Indian and Chinese restaurants (both offering take away services) plus a Tapas Bar. There is also a bus service from the village which goes to Stratford upon Avon, Warwick, Leamington Spa and Coventry.

Will be staying on the site next week and will be discussing with them tomorrow to put something in the diary. The site have agreed to do their best to keep us all in one area on the touring site.

Price would be £50 for the weekend per Cali, from 10am Friday with us expected to vacate the pitch at 3pm on Sunday. If you are interested please let me know so I can get a feel for attendance. You will need to book with the site directly once confirmed but a feel for numbers will help the site manage the location.

Looks very good. Like the idea of the water taxi!
Put me down as a very possible please.
Gillian

Following too, as a nice central location.

I'd also be interested in joining 'on the way' to East Fleet the following weekend. I had expressed an interest in the France meet if there were others travelling, but it seems that will be postponed to next year now.

We've visited today to get a feel for the place. Very organised and very welcoming.

There is a club house a massive log cabin. As a campsite member you will get 10% off all meals and drinks they serve breakfast lunch and dinner.

River taxi every 30minutes between 10am and 5pm that goes between the clubhouse and Stratford town.

They even have dog daycare available.

f973be1ce31e1051350ec7678533e1f5.jpg
234b14e3ba5b2881baa7982670e44679.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minute walk into the town now enjoying a pint by the river. Next Thai for dinner with a sunset river view

30 minute walk into the town now enjoying a pint by the river. Next Thai for dinner with a sunset river view

Sounding better and better !!!

A little update. The meet is now booked with the site and is open to bookings from anyone who would like to attend.

We absolutely loved our time here and had a long chat with the site manager. They were very happy to reserve areas of the site for us to stay together and will either give us a section of the touring field or with enough bookings, they may move us onto the rally field if need be. All pitches have hookup.

We couldn't negotiate a discount sadly (because of uncertainty on numbers) but there is some benefits included in the booking for using the restaurant. The cost is £50 per van for the entire weekend, you can check in from 10am Friday and checkout is 3pm Sunday, hookup is included.

You will get 10% off all food and drink at the club house for the whole stay (breakfast through dinner).

To be clear they have a no windbreak rule, as they like the site to feel open and I have to admit it does feel nice and spacious. The site is wholly reserved for caravans and motorhomes.

The river taxi is £2 a trip into town starting from 10am and the last one leaves at 5pm from the site, and 5.20pm from the town back to site. We walked into town in about 25-30 minutes.

To book simply call the site and quote VW California Club, this will ensure we are all kept together. I appreciate this is a little more expensive than some meets but I hope you will like the site as much as we did.

Lastly they do charge for drive away awnings and dogs, however we didn't get charged for our wind out "sunshade" on my Cali. It is probably only worth mentioning on booking if your awning has sides

Please let us know you are coming via the Events Page

Last edited by a moderator:
Proposed meet 2nd to 4th of September at Riverside in Stratford upon Avon to give the midland members a local meet.

http://www.stratfordcaravans.co.uk/

We are staying here next week, its a lovely new site with good facilities and walking distance (or water taxi) to the town.

Will be staying on the site next week and will be discussing with them tomorrow to put something in the diary. The site have agreed to do their best to keep us all in one area on the touring site.

Price would be £50 for the weekend per Cali, from 10am Friday with us expected to vacate the pitch at 3pm on Sunday. If you are interested please let me know so I can get a feel for attendance. You will need to book with the site directly once confirmed but a feel for numbers will help the site manage the location.
Interested. Phoned to book & left a message on sat ev. (16/07).... Cheers Calvin

Looks amazing, sadly we have plans then. Hope you'll meet at this site again in the future. ..

Booked this afternoon , looking forward to a weekend in a new area for us Sheila Michael and Coco the cocker.

We now have 9 vans signed up which is great. If anyone has any questions or queries feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

We now have 9 vans signed up which is great. If anyone has any questions or queries feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

I tried to book this morning for my very first meet but the site was fully booked. However have now booked on the Weymouth weekend...............maybe see you there.

hi @CAMINO SANTIAGO really sorry to hear that, I can give them a call to check.

Edit: I checked and the site doesn't have any spaces left, apologies for the disappointment. I will be at Weymouth too, so will indeed see you there. It should be a much larger meet :)

Last edited:

SO looking forward to this! It is a big day for Luis (the van) and me - it is our first night together :)
I have taken him out for day trips and to get his seat covers fitted but due to the amount of time he has spent in the garage having warranty work done, and my other commitments we haven't been anywhere overnight.
Bear with us if we ask you other guys stupid questions! Just sorting out the bedding, fridge etc etc and out tomorrow to buy some wine supplies :thumb

SO looking forward to this! It is a big day for Luis (the van) and me - it is our first night together :)
I have taken him out for day trips and to get his seat covers fitted but due to the amount of time he has spent in the garage having warranty work done, and my other commitments we haven't been anywhere overnight.
Bear with us if we ask you other guys stupid questions! Just sorting out the bedding, fridge etc etc and out tomorrow to buy some wine supplies :thumb
You will find we are a helpful bunch so don't worry we will all help you out if needed . Off to a good start by getting the wine in stock , see you Friday.

Just had a chat with the site and they are indeed fully booked now. So very sorry if you wanted to stay and were unable to get a spot.