Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stratford Upon Avon

fozzybear

fozzybear

fozzybear63
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, can anyone recommend a nice site in Stratford Upon Avon. Looking to meet some friends in and there at the weekend.

Riverside Park, Tiddington Road Stratford Upon Avon CV37 7AB was where we stayed,
https://www.stratfordcaravans.co.uk/touring/about-touring
Riverside Park will be open from 30th March to 4th November 2018.
Please contact Riverside on 01789 292312 for further information and to book.
We are situated just a mile from Stratford upon Avon town centre making us an ideal tranquil site to explore the Cotswolds and Shakespeare's county. We have approximately 100 touring grass pitches for caravans, motorhomes, folding campers and American RV’s, all on well drained ground with electric hook up. Riverfront pitches are available, please enquire when booking as there is a nightly surcharge.

The park is situated on the banks of the River Avon with a regular river taxi
service running throughout the daytime to the town centre or alternatively it is
a scenic 25 minute walk to the town on the footpath along the road.

Thanks everyone - great site so much info

We have just come back from staying there for the long weekend (what great weather)...

I would agree re great location, re access to the town, we walked it 3 times (waiting for the water taxi on a bank holiday weekend was pointless as the queue was too long even with 3 taxi's on the go - I'm sure that is different on quieter weekends). The walk passes some pretty impressive houses, which are worth dreaming over.

The toilet block was always clean , if just a little dated. And even though there is just the one block (which we found at least), it was kept clean and never had a problem re being too busy, even with a packed site for the weekend.

The 'new' 'Riverside' clubhouse had impressive views across the river.... and served a good Sunday lunch, although they did forget the 'Yorkshires' ;-)

I think there are just a few 'riverside' pitches for 'travellers', because the riverside views have been taken by the 'holiday' homes - which is fair enough given the income they probably provide, but easy to walk down to river.

Very efficient staff re parking and which way round you face etc.... because of the issues they have had having to tow people off I think.... not sure if they relax a bit more when there are fewer people. So make sure you line up with the post and face the correct way !!!

All in all a great weekend made better by the weather and very friendly people around you... just not a site with a view ;-).....

Back