Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stuff We've Bought So Far...........

B

Bjohnson

VIP Member
Our new Cali just 1 month old, heres a few bits we've already puchased
- electric hook up lead
- 13A conversion lead (for plugging in the cali at home)
- stainless steel trim for the front lower grille (dont know why VW dont fit this as standard!)
- Wind deflectors for driver and passenger windows
- Inka waterproof seat covers
- Gas bottle - obviously :lol:
- Pucer screen - just ordered, awaiting delivery
- anti slip stuff for all the shleves (£4 a roll from "The Range", not the Brandrup stuff!)
- LED battery powered lights for the 2 x undersink cupboards and the wardrobe
- various cleaning/polishing products!

Next on the list for us is a Silver Screens windscreen cover, then a tow bar mounted bike rack :cool

Hi, I recommend the Atera Strada tow bar bike rack as you can fully open the tailgate with bikes loaded. It's a brilliant bit of kit. You will also need to add levelling blocks to your shopping list :)

A small spirit level to place on your kitchen top to ensure your van is even when parked.

Calimark said:
Hi, I recommend the Atera Strada tow bar bike rack as you can fully open the tailgate with bikes loaded. It's a brilliant bit of kit. You will also need to add levelling blocks to your shopping list :)

Thanks, that's the one on my list!

CaliforniaDAN said:
A small spirit level to place on your kitchen top to ensure your van is even when parked.

I use a large glass of cider :D

CaliforniaDAN said:

I bought levelling ramps as part of our 'pre delivery' purchase and have yet to use or need them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've got levelling blocks on my list, but all the sites we've visited so far (only had the Cali a month!) have been to touring sites with flat hard standing pitches and hence no need.

I will buy a set though, as we will visit sites during next summer we know aren't as flat - generally campsites rather than touring sites/pitches

We've had our Cali for less than a year and have needed the blocks a few times especially in some of the sites in France. If you stick with sites with hard standings then no need to buy them but if you like to explore different places without having to worry whether the site is flat then they are definite must have. This is one thing I like about the cali because when we tented, a sloping pitch was a nightmare.

I must admit I don't really understand how levelling blocks provide any adjustment to get you level. It must be a process of driving onto them and accepting the result. Why do you need a spirit level as there's no adjusting to do?
Perhaps I am being a bit thick!

beardie said:
I must admit I don't really understand how levelling blocks provide any adjustment to get you level. It must be a process of driving onto them and accepting the result. Why do you need a spirit level as there's no adjusting to do?

I love the fine art of van levelling!
Checking the lie of the land and guessing where the blocks go is the only fun to be had setting up given that otherwise there's only the roof button to press :)
... And you don't get to shout chocks away when packing up if there are no blocks there !

I must have a very sensitive inner ear! I can feel the slightest lean onto one side even on the hard standing for caravans and motorhomes so i use the levellers a lot even if I only go a third of the way on to the levelling blocks. :headbang

beardie said:
Depends on the slope and depth of the chocks ie whether you have them on the same axle or not, or on 1 wheel only even. Either way you should have a certain amount of play with regards to how far up the chocks you drive and a spirit level can certainly help.
I've got a spirit level app on my phone but don't really use it, i prefer to do it by eye.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Have to say that while on my 15 month Cali trip, I used the ' blocks ' a couple of times and then gave up........

Mind you, did not see the point while sleeping by places such as the Riechstag in Berlin......but played the mad Englishman and set the Cali table and chairs up on the grass in front of it.....had a brew and porridge in the morn while taking odd stares from Berliners emerging from the adjacent tube station......

My OCD ensures that I use the levelling blocks everytime. We provide a small spirit level on all our vehicles, and it takes no more than 2 minutes to level the California