Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Suitable Seat Covers fr ISOFix

G

Geezso

Vehicle
N/A
Having had a look around and searched various sites, can anyone tell me if and what seat covers are suitable in a 4 seat California SE (obviously the rears) to incorporate the ISOFix system.

Thanks in advance

http://www.california-camping.de/vw...ifornia-comfortline-kunstleder-alcantara.html

Edit:
Just found the email where ISOFIX comparability is confirmed:

Hello Angus,

thanks for your mail. Will have new covers for the VW T6 ready fin Febuary.
The front seats are different so we have to set up new cutting pattern.
The ISOFIX points are also accessible after upgrading your ride with our seat covers.
All functions remain the same as without the covers.

For any further questions please drop me a line or give me a call.

Take care
Ulli Dittmar, Team CC

Last edited:
Would think any original VW and the Brandrup ones are ok.
If the seats and backrestcovers are seperate pices it would work with isofix , or am i wrong?

We have the inka seat covers from the shop and although the isofix bits are a pain in the proverbial to find and line up, we have successfully fitted an isofix seat in. Just wear gloves so you don't cut your hands to pieces!!

Thanks all, I like the INKA ones, just contemplating colour and needing to prioritise purchases.

All I would say about an isofix base is contrary to all safety etc etc.... I quite often behind husbands back, smuggle my non- isofix, spare seat that the child minder uses into the Cali instead-...... It takes up less room, is a tobi maxi and very steady and secure, - but most valid- don't forget with an isofix it's not easy to move the bench seat backwards and forwards and you can't access the under bench drawer without removing - I am finding more of than not, that the isofix really rattles me in the Cali!

All I would say about an isofix base is contrary to all safety etc etc.... I quite often behind husbands back, smuggle my non- isofix, spare seat that the child minder uses into the Cali instead-...... It takes up less room, is a tobi maxi and very steady and secure, - but most valid- don't forget with an isofix it's not easy to move the bench seat backwards and forwards and you can't access the under bench drawer without removing - I am finding more of than not, that the isofix really rattles me in the Cali!
I think you must be referring to isofix with a leg prop on separate base.
For info, there is no problem moving the bench or opening the drawer if using a childseat with isofix and top tether instead.
In answer to the original question, Isofix points are still accessible with Brandrup seat covers and as they are panelled like the original seat, it makes it easier to line them up.

You can just shorten the leg on ours. 30 second job!

Have just enquired about this with Inka regarding their 'Fully Tailored Waterproof Seat Covers' and the ISO-Fix holes are NOT standard on them. They said they would cut the holes but wanted photos and relevant measurements of the seat to do this! I find this reply quite surprising as I imagined that even if they weren't fitted as standard,then at least they'd know how to do it. We're thinking to get the waterproof covers any way and get a local vehicle upholstery company to fit the holes. And yes, fitting the buckles into the ISO-Fix bars is a right pain in the Artichoke. Guessing, having to squeeze the buckle through a seat cover and then the rest might make it worse. But worth the hassle of course.

My inka lifestyle covers are in 2 piece. Rear/ back and the seat/base. As the iso fix points are in the "join" there is no need to alter

Thanks for that bit of info. It makes complete sense unless the waterproof ones are different. I'll email Inka and check. I wonder why Inka didn't point this out?

I think you must be referring to isofix with a leg prop on separate base.
For info, there is no problem moving the bench or opening the drawer if using a childseat with isofix and top tether instead.
In answer to the original question, Isofix points are still accessible with Brandrup seat covers and as they are panelled like the original seat, it makes it easier to line them up.

We have the maxi-cosh isofix with the leg prop, and whilst I can slide the seats ok, access to the drawer is a nightmare. Looks like we may need to buy two new seats for the little ones in the back! Baby is 4 weeks old, and her older brother is 3 1/2 years....and suggestions as to isofix seats that don't take stacks of space but allow access to drawer without issue?

Thanks Garry

We have the maxi-cosh isofix with the leg prop, and whilst I can slide the seats ok, access to the drawer is a nightmare. Looks like we may need to buy two new seats for the little ones in the back! Baby is 4 weeks old, and her older brother is 3 1/2 years....and suggestions as to isofix seats that don't take stacks of space but allow access to drawer without issue?

Thanks Garry
To be honest there's no easy option. The bottom line is that individual Isofix seats are only approved by the main manufacturers for cars on their own vehicle approval lists, which means that they have been tested in the particular vehicle.
Initially I was delighted to find the California on most of Britax lists but was subsequently refused a seat from Mothercare after they confirmed with Britax customer services that the vehicle they tested on for their approval list was a 3 seater beach not a 2 seater SE. After getting mixed and similar replies from other manufacturers I eventually opted for a duo plus isofix (1-4 yrs approx) which, unusually, has universal approval for any car with isofix when used with the optional extra top tether. Not the most modern, but is rated on Which and had very good results when used with isofix though not as good when used with a seatbelt.
For the baby, I would check out the Which results as some of the main rear facing baby seats do just as well with seatbelt as with isofix.
Amazingly, I was told by Britax customer service, not to use the isofix fixings on my seat for an older child 4+, where the child uses the standard seatbelt, but just to use it in standard belted mode as the seat wasnt on their approval list.

If all isofix seats were approved for all cars with isofix, the Maxicosi axissfix with top tether looks good as it does 4 months to 4 yrs, no leg prop and can be used rear facing till approx age 2. But that's in an ideal world.
Happy researching, I hope you have more success than I did and sorry I can't be more help.

We have the inka waterproof seat covers and there are no iso fix holes. It is however quite easy to open the seam where it is needed. The vertical seam is in the exact spot where the chair connects. You only need to make one extra hole.