Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

summary of the past year

L

luki170279

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hi I`m from Poland and this is my last year picture story.Many fantastic things happened in 2016 and I dicided to share with you .I bought the cali in January 2016, due to the fact that it was a used car I started nessesary workshop work.I`m a mechanic by profession so that was my way to comprehend all specific things in this car.I made general inspection and also "upgraded"my van from 2wd to 4motion! I`m 4x4 cars fan and really happy that I did it.After two month of work and read lots of stuff material I was ready to make first trip.
I`m a tough guy so we went for twenty days to Apulia and Sycilia (italy) :) ."WE" means ,I my wife,10 y.o.dougther ,6 y.o.son and Jack Russell Terrier.So in march we left.

Wild camping on Woertersee in alps Austria.First night in cali for all and difficult beginnings.
Exitement mixed with fear don`t let me sleep and cold on top wake me few times.Temperature at night was 0C

IMG_2984.JPG

Second night in cali. Difficult ends.Wild camping on Peschici beach on Gargano coast.Fantastic place.
IMG_2992.JPG

Gargano coast
MFBH4175.JPG

Polignano a Mare, Arbelobello ,Matera

IMG_3024.JPG
ADLI4927.JPG
P1150970.JPG

After spending a week in Apulia we went to Sicily.We passed hectares of olive groves, lemon and oranges orchards. I was suprised that citrus at that time was ready for harvest . Spring and sun wakes up in March.
IMG_3049.JPG

to be continued.....

:welcome
Great post - wow you made your own conversion to 4 Motion! Respect!!

Some of your pics seem a little familiar to me - I was in Arbelobello and the Puglia area a couple of years ago beautiful places.

Look forward to you future adventure posts.:thumb:thumb

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

:thanks and keep the pictures coming.

That must have been some project to go from 2 wd to 4Motion. New parts or a Donor vehicle?

Hi again,
Some pics from Sicilly

Etna
IMG_3290.JPG

Coast near Agrigento.we stayed there all day ,playing ,walking and cooking moussels .There wasn`t a living soul all day long.
IMG_3192.JPG

IMG_3194.JPG

Valley of temples
P1160017.JPG

Castelmola /Taormina
IMG_3122.JPG

This was a wonderful adventure. Unfortunately march in italy is time of year that most campsite are closed but you have peace and quiet for it .We also slept several times in hotels but many times safety overnighting wild. We made some distance at that time but next day I was thinking where and when we go on trip again. :) Do you have a same symptoms ?IMG_3368.JPG
to be continued
Thanks
Luke

:thanks for the share. Great Pics.

Great review of your year. Shows the joy that comes with a Cali. I meant to keep a full record of out Cali's travels but haven't quite got around to it yet - and it'll be a year old next month. You've prompted me to get on with it.