Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sun awning plastic ringlets

Dottybus

Dottybus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi guys, can anyone confirm what I think these are for?View attachment 48047
They are in the back of the sun awning casing. I assume that they are some type of receiver for intermediate supports. If so has anyone ever seen/used them? I did find a thread where someone had got an extendable pole and slotted it in to aid against water build up. At present I just have an excessive fall on the awning, which works well.
But I’m just curious in case someone is using them for an ingenious use!ADBAE0EE-AA0A-417A-98D2-1173AC6AC9E2.jpeg

Last edited:
I can't see your attachment, so I can't help you out.

They are in the back of the sun awning casing. I assume that they are some type of receiver for intermediate supports. If so has anyone ever seen/used them? I did find a thread where someone had got an extendable pole and slotted it in to aid against water build up. At present I just have an excessive fall on the awning, which works well.
But I’m just curious in case someone is using them for an ingenious use!
When you say “excessive fall” do you mean that the awning material is not taught?
If so, when you have wound the awning out just wind the handle back a bit to take out the slack.
Can’t see your attachment.

But I’m just curious in case someone is using them for an ingenious use!View attachment 48060
Those are Anti-Rattle pieces. They are new and replace two Black Foam blocks that stopped the legs knocking the casing when the Awning is closed up.
The best way of setting the Awning up is to peg the legs and fix a Guy Line on each leg/awning joint and then wind the awning in to tighten it up.

I can't see your attachment, so I can't help you out.
Sorry hope they are on now.‍♂
When you say “excessive fall” do you mean that the awning material is not taught?
If so, when you have wound the awning out just wind the handle back a bit to take out the slack.
Can’t see your attachment.
photo now on now hopefully.
Those are Anti-Rattle pieces. They are new and replace two Black Foam blocks that stopped the legs knocking the casing when the Awning is closed up.
The best way of setting the Awning up is to peg the legs and fix a Guy Line on each leg/awning joint and then wind the awning in to tighten it up.
interesting I would not have guessed that as they move around quite freely.Thanks WelshGas! I’m sure some boffin at Brandrup is working on something as we speak! Something else to empty my bank account.

I have those old rubber blocks that were getting loose.
I taped them with very strong double sided crystal clear tape (bought in the Aldi if I remember correctly).

I was in the dealers this morning having my freshwater pump checked out and was looking around a new Ocean in the showroom. Noticed these parts in the awning case, not seen them before. Presumably to help with rattles? I guess they will retro fit. 480DDBBC-D0EA-498C-94B7-08505C2EA92E.jpeg

They are anti rattle but need to be in the correct location to work. Mine are about 40mm apart at the center of the awning arms resting place when closed. Seem to work quite well.

ok - so i can see from Jokers picture above where they are, would you say this is where they live?
If i remember, and looking at the old smeared glue marks from the sponge squares - they sat very close together.
The only hick up would be if the awning cassette has been modified on the new ones, hopefully not tbc

I'm glad to see you can buy the legs separately.
It's only a matter of time before I snap the little tab for securing the leg extension!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm glad to see you can buy the legs separately.
It's only a matter of time before I snap the little tab for securing the leg extension!

I think we all think those levers are going to snap but I don’t think I’ve heard anyone actually report it happening!

I think we all think those levers are going to snap but I don’t think I’ve heard anyone actually report it happening!
That's reassuring!

I ordered an extra set of the new plastic inserts by accident, so if anybody wants them FOC come and get them. South warrington area.

Volkywagen you just reminded me I ordered 2 not knowing that there are 2 clips in a pack so cancelled one over the phone but they could not refund my electronic payment. They said the would send me a cheque with my order, they never did better get chase my £12.99.
Best think I have ever fitted to Moose, no rattles now :bananadance2

Volkywagen you just reminded me I ordered 2 not knowing that there are 2 clips in a pack so cancelled one over the phone but they could not refund my electronic payment. They said the would send me a cheque with my order, they never did better get chase my £12.99.
Best think I have ever fitted to Moose, no rattles now :bananadance2
Exactly what I did!!

Purchased from Rose Awnings and arrived next day first class post, easy to fit Thule part number 1500603187 - Positioner Spring Arm 5102 2PC. Haven't drive Cali yet but hopefully. You can google the Thule part number and find Pdf for fitment.

ok - so i can see from Jokers picture above where they are, would you say this is where they live?
If i remember, and looking at the old smeared glue marks from the sponge squares - they sat very close together.
The only hick up would be if the awning cassette has been modified on the new ones, hopefully not tbc
Here here are the Thule instructions that come with them to show the correct placement.

Attachments

• 0_Thule Positioner Spring Arm For To 5102 Awning (California).pdf
    580 KB · Views: 55
Mine are about 40mm apart - Awning is silent! :happy
Edit: The official instructions say +/- 20mm, so I make the gap between the two min 40mm, max 80mm i.e. 20mm each side of 60.

Last edited:
Back