SusiBus, back on the road again!

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
We are pleased to announce the delivery today of our third California girl, SusiBus T6. She was delivered 11am at SMG Tonbridge by Roy and Martin who stood in for Laine due to him having flue, (well that's what he claimed !)

It was just under 9 months since she was conceived back in late June. It was a relief as expectant parents to see that all her options were in place, her complexion is the same as a older sister's, Grey. I do secretly envy those that have the courage to go for Grape Yellow, but as she was born in Ocean, we didn't have the choice of having a blonde girl.

She is currently sporting a GJ registration, and is due to make her first outing this weekend for Mother's Day, appropriately into Granny Jen territory, the Chichester bypass, let's hope she doesn't come to a halt on the Chichester bypass at 5:30 in the afternoon like a previous sister, and bring the Bypass to a standstill !

It's really exciting to think that we're going to be back on the road again, and be mobile members of the Cali fraternity with a set of wheels, so as to be able continue the task of circumnavigating the whole of the UK on the road nearest to the coast, regardless of size, which means of travelling through Industrial Estates etc, as well as Scenic cliff top roads.

Wake up little Susie, we're back on the road again.

Nice to have you back Graham and I will look out for you on the Chichester by-pass, and if you are passing anywhere East of that give me a wave :)

Great stuff....so pleased for you both!
Chichester eh? Well, I might just bump into you early next week then. You never know ;)

Yet another Chichester Bypass Vet here. As soon as my knee replacement permits I shall cruise to and fro between the roundabouts, hoping to catch a glimpse of you all! Sad to say that, not having driven for two weeks, that is actually starting to seem an attractive proposition!
Actually I can't even see Myfanwy at the moment as she's still in the body shop being treated for a nice scrape down the side that my wife managed to achieve while I was in St Richard's. She didn't tell me until I got home as she thought it might hinder my recovery!

Actually I can't even see Myfanwy at the moment as she's still in the body shop being treated for a nice scrape down the side that my wife managed to achieve while I was in St Richard's. She didn't tell me until I got home as she thought it might hinder my recovery!

Hinder recovery!? :shocked

That happening would put me back in there ! :sad

I can only dream of making it to the Chichester By Pass, the " Crossbush lights" are my first challenge!

I can only dream of making it to the Chichester By Pass, the " Crossbush lights" are my first challenge!

Last time I came home that way I dropped down through Tangmere, Eastergate, Barnham, Yapton, Climping to the A259. Cut out crossbush.

Mind you I was on foot. :D Then carried on over ferry road, the footbridge into littlehampton and home.

Good to see you back on the road graham:thumb

Another ex-Chichester lass here! I spent most of my misspent youth charging up and down the A27. Brought up in Fishbourne, got married and lived in Tangmere for a few years, got divorced and lived in Chichester, got married again and lived in Madehurst (very nice). Eventually had to move away for work and am now marooned in East Anglia awaiting retirement to Shropshire. I used to have a Vauxhall Chevette called Dobbin which regularly broke down at the Oving traffic lights on the way to work of a morning. It could always be fixed by a particularly naughty wiggly wire somewhere down the front of the engine, but then the bonnet catch broke too to I was regularly late for work as I was too poor at the time to take it to the garage and get the bloody catch fixed. Happy days. Can't believe I am now the proud owner of a ÂŁ50k vehicle (obvs not paid for yet by any stretch). Are we any happier now we can afford all these luxuries? Maybe a little ....

I hope your new SusiBus lives up to expectations :)

Never been to Chichester. Crossbush? Seems to be notorious,should I avoid?

Last time I came home that way I dropped down through Tangmere, Eastergate, Barnham, Yapton, Climping to the A259. Cut out crossbush.

Mind you I was on foot. :D Then carried on over ferry road, the footbridge into littlehampton and home.
I've started using the new Bognor Bypass, probably just as slow but at least not stuck in stationary traffic, with stop start switched off!

Welcome back. Still on our original 2008. I lost track - are you still continuing your tour of the UK coastline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never been to Chichester. Crossbush? Seems to be notorious,should I avoid?

Put it this way.... They are building a new premier Inn there. Presumably to offer overnight accommodation for those stuck in the queue :shocked

Glad you are back with us, Will you be part of the roof checking team at Brean?

Yes! Avoid unless you can't find alternative route.... And that's difficult!
Going West to East - Littlehampton and East Preston any good?

Welcome back to the road @SusiBus . You were doing lots of posting around 18 months ago when I was making purchasing decisions and your insights were much appreciated then. Enjoy your T6.

Outside of peak times you should be fine. Coming into Arundel from the West gets busy in the evening/afternoon rush. I always check on Google maps to see what the traffics like. If you are coming along the M27/A27 you might find it worth coming off the Chichester Bypass down towards Bognor, then along to Littlehampton.

As AA said, avoid at evening Rush hour otherwise no problems.

Chichester by-pass has five roundabouts and just to make sure that they all congeal the traffic nicely they have even popped a set of traffic lights in-between. Having said that last time I went through there 4 of the roundabouts were clear and the queue for the 5th was only 3/10 mile long.

The A259 Roundstone by-pass (East Preston) has three roundabouts (4 if you include Rustington) and is normally quite well managed except for peak time and Friday afternoons.

Do watch out for Granny's in blue "team-granny" Tee shirts though :sad

Welcome back. Still on our original 2008. I lost track - are you still continuing your tour of the UK coastline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the welcome back.

Yes we are due to continue our circumnavigation of the UK in April. So far we've done from Brighton clockwise all the way to Rhyl in North Wales, and from Glasgow, again clockwise, to Aberdeen. So what might be considered all the best bits, particularly the west coast of Scotland.
We will be starting off again where we left at Rhyl. As the Ethos for our journey is to travel on the road nearest to the coast, regardless of size and where it takes you through. (This did result in us getting stuck between two cottages in Wales!) It now means coming up should be some pretty interesting industrial estates and grotty council estates, as laying ahead of us is Liverpool, with such highlights as Ellesmere Port, Warrington, Widnes, Toxteth etc.
Further on I'm hoping that we can find somewhere to wild camp in the Formby area, because I lived there as a little kid, many, many years ago.

I'm not big on getting excited, but I must say I am now I'm really looking forward to continuing, and hopefully completing our circumnavigation.

As AA said, avoid at evening Rush hour otherwise no problems.

Chichester by-pass has five roundabouts and just to make sure that they all congeal the traffic nicely they have even popped a set of traffic lights in-between. Having said that last time I went through there 4 of the roundabouts were clear and the queue for the 5th was only 3/10 mile long.

The A259 Roundstone by-pass (East Preston) has three roundabouts (4 if you include Rustington) and is normally quite well managed except for peak time and Friday afternoons.

Do watch out for Granny's in blue "team-granny" Tee shirts though :sad
A toot for "team-granny" as we go past. We shall be staying at Cons' Camping for three nights so hopefully avoid rush hours. Will spend most of our time in the harbour area as we have never been. Just exploring. Hope to meet up with Susibus for a beer and lunch crossing paths permitting, before heading off to Portsmouth and Brighton before stopping at Beachy Head for cliff walks etc. No jumping of course! Thanks for advice.

Outside of peak times you should be fine. Coming into Arundel from the West gets busy in the evening/afternoon rush. I always check on Google maps to see what the traffics like. If you are coming along the M27/A27 you might find it worth coming off the Chichester Bypass down towards Bognor, then along to Littlehampton.
Thanks AA. Sounds like we should be OK as I am pretty certain we will miss peak times mostly. Certainly I think we can manage anyway. Will try and avoid M27 anyway. Have very bad experience chasing the clock when catching the ferry to St Malo in past. Anyway thanks again. Have put some detail in reply to GJ as to where are off to the next few days. First real trip out in new Cali. Glad for sunny morning today - glorious!

Back