Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Switching Head Lights RHD to LHD

Nick Stubbs

Nick Stubbs

The Rodent.
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi all
anyone know if this can be done ? thought that I had read this in the manual but cant for the life of me find it now, only reference is to fitting beam benders. Thanks

Nick.

Do you have LED headlights? I believe from other threads that if you do they don't need adjusting?

I don't know but I'm interested to find out if it is possible

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I think beam benders are the option if you don't have LED ones. Or you can use the VW headlight protectors which have built in marks for where the beam deflectors need to go making it very easy.

Definitley go for the protectors. Doddle to take on and off. I have found in the past that the stick on things rarely work and are bugger to get off. Incidentally, they dont' make the beam dip the other way, just flatten off the bit that here in the UK lights up the left hand side more.

On our first van (T5.1) I fitted the VW headlight protectors and left them on permanently, only removed to polish the van very easy. They come with marks where the vinyl stickers fit, peel off a backing and apply, when back from your jollies peel off and reapply to the backing for reuse. Unsure how many times they will be able to be reused but I used them at least four times with no problem.
If permanently wanting to change them over, I would guess and its only a guess you would have to fit LHD headlights.
LEDs are swapped by pushing a button on the MFSW after accessing the mode on the display.

Thanks for all you input folks, as the headlights are motorized I was assuming somewhere there was a hidden menu where you could switch them over, looks like my day's of beam benders haven't gone just yet.

Back