Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Switzerland - Furka Pass re-opens on June 10th. VW Camper meetup the weekend of the 18th!

Webbah_in_Switzerland

Webbah_in_Switzerland

Vehicle
T6.1 Westafalia club joker
Hi all,

Myself and some friends with VW camper vans are going to do our annual Furka Pass opening trip and camp in a fairly secret spot above the top of the Furka. It's "mild offroad" for roughly 2 KM's to get to our location with the Swiss Alpine farmers lands. Really awesome spot with fantastic panoramic views! Any and all welcome to join if you are around! Photos from last year:

We typically meet newcomers at the top rest stop where the Grand Tour of Switzerland sign is and drive up from there.

IMG_1212.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1213.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

What a kind invitation. I wish I could join you; perhaps next year if my Oct 21 ordered Ocean has been delivered by then. It looks a wonderful location.

What is the altitude and do you see any edelweiss? At 70, my lifelong quest to discover them in the wild has yet to be satisfied, June 18 sounds about right, seasonally, I believe.

Tagging would be interested but not sure how I do that.

What a kind invitation. I wish I could join you; perhaps next year if my Oct 21 ordered Ocean has been delivered by then. It looks a wonderful location.

What is the altitude and do you see any edelweiss? At 70, my lifelong quest to discover them in the wild has yet to be satisfied, June 18 sounds about right, seasonally, I believe.

Probably won't see any right at the opening as the snow and ice has just melted. But the views are still incredibly stunning! To tag anyone just use the + sign followed by their username.

Well that didn't work. To tag anyone use the (at) sign like in an email address followed by username

@Webbah_in_Switzerland Wow, looks awesome! I have something already that weekend, but I'm going to try to get out of it. What time do you meet normally?
One of my good friends is driving from Witterswil (near Basel) so maybe you can connect with him and drive up together on the way? Just a thought.

I'll keep you posted. I first need to figure out what's happening with my other engagement. Unless I can somehow wriggle out of it, I won't make it on the 18th.
Would be a great place to initiate your new Cali!
Ah, that will be this weekend. I will be mountain biking in Disentis. Played it safe the first time and booked a TCS campsite there. :bananadance2

@Webbah_in_Switzerland I misunderstood the meaning of tagging (I am not a Facebook user) and thought it was a way to identify the location.

Anyway it sounds wonderful location and if as high as it looks, as you say, it will be too cold/early for edelweiss anyway, although I understand they are, also, specific to only certain altitudes.

@Webbah_in_Switzerland Unfortunately I can't get out of my other commitment this weekend, so sadly I won't be able to join you :(. Will join next year if you post it again though!

Hi all,

Myself and some friends with VW camper vans are going to do our annual Furka Pass opening trip and camp in a fairly secret spot above the top of the Furka. It's "mild offroad" for roughly 2 KM's to get to our location with the Swiss Alpine farmers lands. Really awesome spot with fantastic panoramic views! Any and all welcome to join if you are around! Photos from last year:

We typically meet newcomers at the top rest stop where the Grand Tour of Switzerland sign is and drive up from there.

I once cycled up the Furkapass from Andermatt on the first day of the three week bike camping tour following the Rhone then the Loire all the way to Nazaire. But at the top we cheated: it was snowing (in mid July) and so we stayed in the hotel.

Back