Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Switzerland - Nice places to stay (semi wild&camping)

sapto

sapto

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
I am sure the Swiss California Owners already know it however our camping places are going to reopen for the public on the 6th of June! So now it‘s our task to post as many positive pics of camping and californiing and I keep my fingers crossed that other countries follow and reopen boarders and campings

Last edited:
I should have been leaving tonight for Switzerland...
Totally gutted, not to be heading over this season.
Enjoy Sapto, get out there and live... :thumb

I should have been leaving tonight for Switzerland...
Totally gutted, not to be heading over this season.
Enjoy Sapto, get out there and live... :thumb

Did you postbone it or cancel it for this year? However, hope you get out soon too!

Just booked today a Camping by the sea in Italy for August as camp sites will open there in 2 weeks. Next week I'll be Camping in Germany for a week as here they open as of 31 May.
The catch is ... only half of the toilets and showers available... It will be interesting

Just booked today a Camping by the sea in Italy for August as camp sites will open there in 2 weeks. Next week I'll be Camping in Germany for a week as here they open as of 31 May.
The catch is ... only half of the toilets and showers available... It will be interesting
Get up early and put your towel on a toilet

Great to hear you guys will soon be getting out for overnight camps, please post lots of photos to inspire us all until we can get out and about too.

I’m jealous mrs gas is jealous even the bloomin dog is jealous. Have a great time camping and we can’t wait to see the fantastic photos on here

Very excited to get out and about in our new (to us) Ocean. We've already had a few 'wild' nights around CH, but a lot of the Park4night spots have been FULL of motorhomes who have no campsites to go to. We've a few nights planned this long weekend (Monday bank holiday in CH) too.

Did you postbone it or cancel it for this year? However, hope you get out soon too!

My wife and son had their flight booked, plus my eurotunnel ticket...
I drive, they fly 2 days later and I pick them up from Zurich Airport at Lunchtime, should have been Friday (tomorrow) :sorry
We have had a refund on the flight, as not sure we will make it over to Switzerland this year.
However, if thing improve we would jump at the chance to get over before our kid starts school (1st year) September...

Will be watching and seeing how things go over the next few weeks...
:)

Just got the news in Canton Glarus they are going to improve on places to stay (not campings) such as parking Lintharena, Niederurnen or in the centre of Glarus, at the bottom of the Braunwald Bahnen or in Elm (both known here for skiing and/or „Vreni Schneider“).
Glarus is a great place to do all kind of outdoorsports.

It’s really good news although I’ve been out and about all this week
I’ve been using the park4night app and the spots have not been too busy. I expect this weekend will be busy though because of the holiday on Monday and the good weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3a24975e2ad1ce7a0ef01d93a67dff25.jpg

@all: Hope you can get soon on the road and visit our country. I‘d like to share these wonderful landscapes.

3a24975e2ad1ce7a0ef01d93a67dff25.jpg

@all: Hope you can get soon on the road and visit our country. I‘d like to share these wonderful landscapes.
Thank you Sapto. Yeah, once the borders open, we will make up for our now cancelled holiday there.

Enjoy.

Mid-August, we are hopefully visiting friends in Zurich before travelling south-west through your wonderful country. We were hoping to get to the small village of Arolla where we used to spend a lot of time climbing. We remain optimistic, but if not 2020 then 2021 for sure.

Am I mistaken to believe that the wild camping is allowed in Switzerland unless otherwise designated?
Or is it just now with COVID that the authorities are more relaxed?

Am I mistaken to believe that the wild camping is allowed in Switzerland unless otherwise designated?
Or is it just now with COVID that the authorities are more relaxed?

Good question and not easy to answer - for everybody and everywhere. Easy answer: Wild camping is NOT allowed in Switzerland https://www.tcs.ch/de/camping-reise...sevorbereitung/wild-campen-in-der-schweiz.php
Although best is to ask the local authorities/farmer or members here to get you detailed intel.
I hope that helps. Any specific area you are looking into?

Good question and not easy to answer - for everybody and everywhere. Easy answer: Wild camping is NOT allowed in Switzerland https://www.tcs.ch/de/camping-reise...sevorbereitung/wild-campen-in-der-schweiz.php
Although best is to ask the local authorities/farmer or members here to get you detailed intel.
I hope that helps. Any specific area you are looking into?

Oh, thanks a lot! Great link.
Not really. Anywhere around that is worth visiting for a weekend (so all around the country!).
BTW, I am gladly taking suggestions...
I have been in central Switzerland already without any problem.
That said, I've noticed the 24h limit in the parking lots being respected.
And then again, there are other which don't state a time limitation...

Oh, thanks a lot! Great link.
Not really. Anywhere around that is worth visiting for a weekend (so all around the country!).
BTW, I am gladly taking suggestions...
I have been in central Switzerland already without any problem.
That said, I've noticed the 24h limit in the parking lots being respected.
And then again, there are other which don't state a time limitation...

I can highly recommand the spot we (4 adults 1 kid) visited last weekend: Engstlenalp next to Meiringen.
Great spot for fishing, hiking. Not a „nice spot to „camp“ but to park and do some outdoor stuff.
c9bd540113538bee0c6c3f6299e0fcfa.jpg

I can highly recommand the spot we (4 adults 1 kid) visited last weekend: Engstlenalp next to Meiringen.
Great spot for fishing, hiking. Not a „nice spot to „camp“ but to park and do some outdoor stuff.
c9bd540113538bee0c6c3f6299e0fcfa.jpg
Cool! noted!
To be honest, this is the most typical use-case for our weekends as well, park somewhere beautifully and enjoy nature through some activities.
Ourselves, have recently visited the lake of Lucerne, both lakes of Interlaken, Schwarzsee and Oeschinensee with the later being by far the most iconic of them all!
Not sure if it exists but would it make sense a thread with suggested Swiss spots?
This country is full of them!