Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Swivel Seat Back Organiser Storage

BillyCasper

BillyCasper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,

Q for people who have the Brandrup type pocket storage on the back of the driver swivel seat. Does the organiser interfere in any way when swivelling the seat? Can be done if pockets are full? Hits pillar or steering wheel?

Regards

Hi,

Q for people who have the Brandrup type pocket storage on the back of the driver swivel seat. Does the organiser interfere in any way when swivelling the seat? Can be done if pockets are full? Hits pillar or steering wheel?

Regards

They interfere but don't prevent the swivel even when stuffed to overflowing.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Many thanks for the feedback. In the end, do you think it is an item really worth having or a marginal item that you can do without? I’m trying to put in things that are really useful and on the other hand do not like unnecessary clutter. Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find my drivers seat back pocket really useful but then I don't bother swivelling the drivers seat as there is just me in the van! I store my good torches there so they are to hand when going out at night and also a map book as I don't think that I will ever fully trust sat navs! Mine weren't brandrup but I think CaliforniaCamping which were cheaper but look like brandrup.

I find mine very useful for storing IT stuff in. Tablet, cables, charger, etc. I found it easier after watching this.

When you see how he positions the drivers seat by putting his hand between the A pillar and the armrest, it is so much easier even with the seat back organiser on. Just lean the seat back a bit further forward.

Many thanks for the feedback. In the end, do you think it is an item really worth having or a marginal item that you can do without? I’m trying to put in things that are really useful and on the other hand do not like unnecessary clutter. Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We wouldn't be without them, absolutely marvellous for those little items you want to have to hand.

I have one on my passenger seat in the beach and its great, although once the seat is turned around anything inside is pretty much off limits. Havent got one on the drivers seat but will admit I think it would be tight but doable as others have reported.

Efficient storage in a Cali = a place for everything and everything in its place. More pockets = more efficiency.
I don’t agree that most end up for sale. Compared to how many you see at a meet, very few appear for sale.....unlike drive away awnings ;)

Efficient storage in a Cali = a place for everything and everything in its place. More pockets = more efficiency.
I don’t agree that most end up for sale. Compared to how many you see at a meet, very few appear for sale.....unlike drive away awnings ;)
Agree - ones for sale are rare and most likely come from people who have sold their California and are now disposing of the accessories.

Here's the inventory of our passenger seat pockets:
Top right - suncreams
Top left - kites and gaffer tape
Middle right - chargers
Middle middle - anti insect spray
Middle left - sun caps
Bottom - laptop

Exactly why we found the window bags so life changing in our beach. I will probably get another seat pouch if I can find one the same colour.

Exactly! Just never liked so much the window pockets. I like camping wild, wìth views. Therefore I started applying ceiling nets.
At home they come to look in the Cali when they don’t find the scissors, tape, cutter ;)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Back